chapter sevenn (uploaded again...)

Start from the beginning

"What the-"  I stumbled backwards, but before I fell someone grabbed me.  I opened my eyes to see Gaara standing in front of me, holding my arms to stop me from tumbling backwards.

"G-Gaara!  Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going..."  as Gaara let go of me, I wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"It's OK." He tilted his head a fraction of an inch.  "Why are you crying?" 

"Um.. I uh...got something in my eye." Have I ever said I'm a terrible liar?  Because it's a true thing, I pretty much suck at lying. 

His forehead creased a little bit.  

'If he had eyebrows would they be raised?'

"You're a worse liar than Kankuro."  His face betrayed any emotions he felt, because he looked very bored.

"Yeah I know."  I sighed and leaned agaisnt the wall.  I expected Gaara to not care and go downstiars like he was about to before I knocked into him.  But instead he sighed and leaned against the railing across from me.

"I never meant for it to happen."  I sighed and slid down the wall and sat with my head on my knees.  Gaara had been there, he saw what haunts me. "Kiba didn't mean to go inside my head and show everyone that...  You saw it too, right?"   I knew he did, I just wanted  to get him talking.  It's not something he does a lot.

"Yeah."  I looked over to him, and he was staring at the ground.

"Nevermind.  I'm bothering you..."  I stood up and began to walk away, but stopped when Gaara said something.

"Why do they change color?"  I turned around to see he hadn't moved.  

'Why do what change.. Oh.'  He meant my eyes.  I think it's weird.. I mean they used to be green and now they're redish amber.

"I don't know. No one could ever really figure it out.  Kinda weird, dont ya think?"  I saw Gaara nod.

"Who did it to you?"  I stared forward and tried to remember.  I'm not supposed  to think about it too much... That's what the Jounin told me.

"I don't know that, either.  I don't really know too much when I think about it."

'Think about it...' That's what they told me to do... So I did.  See how that ended up?

I turned around to see Gaara was gone.  Awh, damn it I made him bored... 

Sighing I walked down the hallway into my room and shut the door quietly.  Later I would go downstairs and talk to everyone.  But not now... Now I just need to think and be alone.

Temari's POV

"Ah dammit now I feel bad."  Kiba leaned against the bottom of the sofa from his place on the floor.

"You should!"  I snapped.  Poor Kitsune... 

"Yeah you should."  Kankuro was laying on the couch, sprawling all over the place.  He had a red mark on his face from when I hit him a few minutes ago.  I swear, even without Kitsune here, he wants to play strip poker.  

'Why am I the normal one?'

"Heyy Gaara."  Kankuro was looking at the doorway, when Gaara walked in.

"Hi." He said.  Something was wrong... I could see it in his face.

"Guys lets talk about Kit... I mean am I the only one who's kinda freaked out by what we saw?"  Kiba asked.  I have to say it,  it really did scare me.  I know it scared all of us, because we didn;t expect it fomr Kitsune.  

"Yeah i know... Her eyes freaking changed color.  That's just not natural."  Kankuro shrugged.

"Stop... It's not like she could help it."  I said.  The was Kit stormed out earlier, shemust be really upset.  

'I should go talk to her...' 

"Hey I'm gonna go see if she's OK."  I stood up, avoiding the questioning stares of the boys surrounding me and walked up the stairs.  I walked into my room, which was on the other side of the hallway from Kitsune's.  I decided to give her a little time, maybe 20 minutes, then I would knock on her door and check on her.

Kitsune's POV

I picked my head up when I heard knocking on my door.  I hadn't been upstairs for very long, but I was thinking about skipping lunch and dinner.

"Who's there?"  I called.

"It's me."  I knew it was Temari right away.  I actually knew before she said so, because 1, Gaara never comes to my room, and 2, Kiba and Kankuro don't knock.

"Come in."  I sat up, getting off my stomach.  Temari walked in and sat on the end of my bed.

"You OK?"  She looked at me sympatheticly. 

"Yeah.  Just tired.."  I waved my hand.  She looked at me again, her blue eyes full off worry.

"Why didn't you tell us?"  Her voice was queit, almost like she was afraid to ask it.  

"I never asked for it."  She nodded, understanding.

"No one's mad or anything... But do you mind me asking when was the last time it happened?"  That's Temari... Curious as always.

"I know.  And not really... You saw the last time it happened.  It was the worst, too.  But I'm still scared... 'Cause I don't want it to happen again.  Everytime it happened, people died.  And I can't control it, I can't stop it.  I don't want to hurt anyone else I care about."  I stared at the ground in front of me.  Every word was true, Becuase everytime it happens, Someone dies.

"I'm really sorry, Kitsune.  I am.  And I can't say I know how it feels, because I don't.  But I've seen Gaara struggle, and I know it's hard.  Just know that us four are here for you.  You're not alone."  Temari smiled.  It was nice to know they cared.  It made it seem like nothing was differnt.

"Temari! Where's the dang ramen?!"  Kankuro's voice sounded from downstairs.

"It's all the way to the left on the fourth shelf from the top!"  She yelled back.

"What?!"  

"I'll be right there! Geez."  She sighed and looked at me.  "Well I need to go help my idiot brother. 

I giggled "Thanks Temari."  Just before she left, I hugged her.

What she said made me think of Gaara differntly, too.  I knew about Shukaku and everything.  But now I had some questions of my own for him... 

'Like what happened to his eyebrows...'

                                      _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

So I hope you guys like the story so far! Thank you all for your support, and for just reading it and commenting!  I love to hear from you guys :)  so like last time, I want to get two votes before I upload the next chapterr.  I think I'll stick with tht!  Ahaha Thanks again!

<3!