Chapter 21

"Okay, when I point to you, start lip syncing." Kaley, the best videographer in our school, tells us as she adjusts her camera. "Okay, 3... 2... 1" The soundtrack for Tonight, Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae starts playing and I wait patiently for my que. I'm a little uncomfortable in the swim suit, knowing that I'm going to be on a video for the whole school to see, guess that's the perk of being on both the swim team and the softball team.

I hear the sound of the boombox coming closer and I get ready. Kyle rounds the corner, he plants a quick kiss on my cheek and I plaster a smile on my face, moving my lips to the words of the song. All the seniors on the swim team join in behind me, jumping around and acting like their usual goofy selves.

Once the camera's passed us by we follow behind quietly to watch the rest of the video being made. Kyle sidles up to me and hands me a pair of white shorts and a tank top. I slip into the shorts without breaking stride and then pull the tank top on over my head.

The video ends in the gym where the rest of the student body is waiting and, as co-student body president, I have to get in front of them all. Kyle knows that there's no way in Hell I'm going to do that in my bathing suit.

We make our way through the cafeteria, watching as Cole does his part of the lip dub. When he's done he joins us and, instead of following along for the rest of the video, we head towards the gym.

Cole reaches out and lifts the strap of my bathing suit up off of my shoulder, letting it snap against my skin. "Nice bathing suit." He says into my ear. I shove his arm and he grins his cocky smile. "Cheer up Dyl, it's homecoming." He says, sliding an arm easily around my shoulders.

"Exactly," I mutter, "It's homecoming and I'm about to get up in front of the entire school, in my swim suit." He laughs and Kyle nudges my arm, "It's not like you're going to be alone." I just roll my eyes at him.

We've reached the gym by now, I pause outside the door, turning to look at Cole and Kyle. "Okay, are you guys ready?" I ask them, receiving a nod from Kyle. Cole leans forward and kisses my cheek, "Kick ass." He says against my ear before backing away and heading around to use the other door. I watch him go and then turn to Kyle, "Let's do this."

Together we push open the doors and enter to the cheering of the student body, everything's been timed perfectly so that Kaley and her crew are coming into the gym on the other side with camera's rolling. They've been live streaming the video for the school to follow along with.

Everyone's on their feet as we run to the center, I plaster another smile on my face and accept the microphone from the vice principal. "Who's ready to play some football?" I call out. I'm met by screaming and thundering from the bleachers. Kyle takes the mic from me, "Let's kick some bulldog ass!" He shouts, getting disapproving looks from the teachers but more loud thundering applause and whoops of delight from the bleachers.

"I can't hear you." Kyle calls again, which is met by even louder cheering. He grins and then turns to me, "I don't know Dylan, I think they can do better than that." I nod, "I think you're right Kyle," I take the mic from him, "Let's kick some bulldog ass!"

Everyone cheers again and Kyle takes back the mic, "Much better you guys. So, I don't know about you but from what I've heard we have a special dance happening tomorrow night, you guys don't know anything about that do you?" I give him a look, as the crowd lets out another whooping cheer, what is he doing?

"That's what I thought. Okay, well you ladies out there probably know that us guys really don't know what we're doing when it comes to this stuff." This is met by laughter, "Sometimes we procrastinate a bit, am I right?" I'm still giving him a look, none of this was part of the plan. I search the crowd trying to find Cole, wondering if he knows what's going on, but I don't see him anywhere.