Chapter five

AN.

Hello peps!

It's the fifth chapter of EGHHS! Well sixth if you count the prologue!

Usually I start a book then get bored and start a new one.

But this one has been fun so I've done quite a bit of it!

Anyway, I don't own any characters except for Crystal.

The girl Kai from Karanna32 wrote this story with me so comment and vote for her to!

I hope you guys like the story!

Enjoy!

~PARAS~

---------------------------------

EGHHS chapter 5:

Jacks POV.

When Crystal brought up the Black Sapphire I just exploded. All the stuff I had been trying to forget came rushing back to me.

"Don't you DARE speak of her," I spat venomously.

"Why not? Was she special to you? Then why did you run off on her?" Crystal questioned.

"Yes. She was special to me, she was my partner in crime, you could say-" I began.

"Then why did you abandon her when she needed you most?" Crystal asked.

At those words I snapped.

"I DID NOT ABANDON HER!" I yelled.

Crystal flinched back. I noticed, and hurriedly composed myself.

"I left her, Crystal, because I was scared. Not for my life, but for my love life. I was falling for her, and I was too cowardly to admit it. So I ran away," I confessed quietly.

There was silence and I saw Crystal frown like she was thinking hard. As I stared at Crystal I noticed how similar she was to Black Sapphire. After a while Gibbs broke the silence.

"Jack, where are you sailing to?" He asked.

I broke out of the measuring stare I had been giving Crystal.

"I'm going after the black pearl," I replied, taking up my seat at the table.

"And that's why people believe you're bad luck," Crystal mumbled, earning a death glare from me.

"Say again?!" Gibbs exclaimed.

"I'm going after the black pearl. I know where it's going to be, and when, and I'm going to take it," I elaborated.

"Jack, it's a fool's errand. You've heard the stories they've told about the black pearl," Gibbs said.

"Aye. And that's how I know where it's going to be. And how I know what Barbossa's up to. All I need is a crew."

"A fool's errand," Gibbs repeated quietly.

"Not if the fool had something Barbossa wants. Something he needs."

"Aye, and why is that?"

I nodded my head over at Will before speaking.

"That there is Will Turner, Bootstrap Bill's son," I half whispered. Crystal gasped in realisation.

"You're using him as a trading tool!" She exclaimed, receiving yet another glare from me.

"Yes. And what are you gonna do about it. Do you want me to leave you in Tortuga?"

"No. "

"Then keep your trap shut!" I growled.

Crystal pouted. Gibbs thankfully started talking again.