Chapter four

AN.

Hey, I can't really be bothered to write an authors note so yeah.
I don't own any of these characters except for Crystal.
I wrote this with Kai who is on the username Karanna32.
Please comment or vote!
Much appreciated!
Enjoy!

~PARAS~

-------------------------------

EGHHS chapter 4:

Jacks POV.

"So where is this quartermaster?" Crystal asked, sounding completely bored.

"We should see him soon." Will replied, still looking around the place.

I started looking around the tavern but my eyes kept wondering back to Crystal.

'Stop it Jack! She doesn't like you and you don't like her!' I scolded myself.

'Ah, but you do fancy her.' My mind argued'

'Im going insane!' I sighed.

"Is that him?" Crystal said, pointing to a man sleeping in a bunch of pig shit.

"Yep!" I smiled.

I saw Crystal stare at him and then look at the poo and shudder.

"Ew." She muttered.

"Come on! Lets go say hi." I smirked.

We walked over to Gibbs and I tapped him with my foot. He didn't stir at all. I kicked him with everything I had... And he just rolled over, continuing to snore.

"Hm." I frowned.

"Let me try something." Crystal smirked.

"Sure." I sighed.

Crystal quickly left and after a minute she came back with a bottle of rum and a lighter.

"What are you doing?!" Will hissed.

"Waking him up." Crystal grinned.

I stood there shocked as Crystal poured the rum all of Gibbs.

"What the -!" Gibbs cried.

Crystal kneeled down next to him and turned on the lighter.

"If you don't get up in the next ten seconds, I'll throw this lighter onto you." She smirked.

"BLOODY HELL!" Gibbs screamed, quickly getting to his feet.

I laughed. That girl was an interesting piece of work.

"Curse you for breathing, you slack jawed-"

"Mind your mouth. There're ladies present," Crystal interrupted, sounding bored.

Gibbs took one look at her, and started blubbering like an idiot.

"I-um- I'm sorry miss I didn't-no, never mind, I would never-"

"Never mind. I'm getting a drink. Anyone else want one?" Crystal interrupted, yet again.

Will declined.

"Yes thanks love, two actually," I asked. She nodded and walked off. I turned back to Gibbs.

"That's a fine one, Jack. You got lucky this time," Gibbs started. I glared at him,

"She isn't with me-"

"Well, if that's the case, I might go after her-"

"No!" I almost yelled. Gibbs was taken aback,

"No. She's nobody's," I said a bit more calmly. Gibbs nodded slowly, eyeing me cautiously.

After a minute, he spoke up again.

"You know it's bad luck to wake a man who is sleeping," he scolded.

"Fortunately, I know the counter for it. The man who did the waking buys a drink for the man whom he woke and the man who was sleeping drinks it while listening to a proposition," I reasoned.

Gibbs cracked a smile at the comment.

"But you didn't wake me. The lass did."

"Yes, and that "Lass", as you call her, is currently getting me two drinks, and in the process you a drink, without her knowing," I explained.

Gibbs chuckled,
"Aye, that'll do it."

A sudden wave of water swished past me and landed on Gibbs. I turned around slowly in shock to see Will standing there with a, now empty, bucket.

"Blast it! I was already awake!" Gibbs exclaimed.

"That was for the smell," Will stated simply, placing the bucket on the ground.

I smirked, first Crystal, now Will. I'm getting to love these two.

'One more than the other, Jack' a random voice said inside my head.

'Who the hell are you?' I asked the voice.

'I am your conscience' the voice
replied basically.

'Well, conscience, what genius epiphanies do you have for me?' I asked.

'You fancy Crystal.'

'No. I don't. '

'Yep. '

'No. That's not true.'

'Yes it is. Just think of her. Her bright red hair spilling over her shoulders and blowing around in the wind. Her beautiful laugh and smile. The way you look at her-'

'I don't think I like you anymore conscience. Go away,' I interrupted, blocking out the voice.

I seriously WAS going crazy.

"Jack. JACK!" Gibbs almost yelled, waving a hand in front of my face, bringing me out of my argument.

"Oh, uh, yeah?"

"I said, where has that Lass of yours disappeared to? If you fancy her, I don't think letting her out of your sight for too long in this place is a great idea. You never know who she may pick up; admirers and enemies," Gibbs repeated.

I stared at him for a moment, processing what he had just said.

"Will! Take Gibbs to a fairly private table and keep him entertained?" I ordered. Will jumped to attention,

"Yes, Jack," he acknowledged, leading Gibbs off.

I turned away from the sight of their retreating figures.

"Where are you Crystal, and what are you doing?" I muttered to myself, starting to search the pub.

Crystal's P. O. V.

"You have got to be kidding me, can't you just take this money and I'll pay the rest later?" I asked the bartender in frustration.

"No lass. Pay all now." The bartender smirked.

I muttered a few choice curses and turned to walk away when someone placed enough coins to pay for the rest of the drinks on the counter.

"Here ye go lass." A man said.

I turned to see a pirate standing there grinning at me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem." He grinned.

"My names Crystal, what's yours?" I asked.

"John. I haven't seen you around here before." He replied.

"Well you can say that I haven't been here in a while." I smirked.

"And why not?" John asked.

"I had some..... Problems.... I needed to sort out." I grinned.

"Problems eh? Relationship kind of problems?" He inquired, moving into the seat next to me I shuddered at the close proximity he had come to me.

"I have friends I need to get back to, nice talking," I mumbled quickly, moving to leave.

"I'm sure I can be your friend. I bet I can solve those relationship problems," John said suggestively, gripping my arm tightly and pulling me closer to me.

"Get away from me," I exclaimed, struggling in his grip.

"You know, I don't think I want to," was his reply. I was relieved when a familiar voice sounded behind us.

"The lass said to put her down," Jack
ordered lazily, polishing his sword.

"What would Jack Sparrow care about this girl? You know 'er?" John asked, sneering.

"Captain Jack Sparrow. They ALWAYS forget the captain," Jack muttered.

"That's because you don't have a ship, Jack," I elaborated rudely, still in John's grip.

"Look, Just put the girl down and no one gets hurt," Jack announced.

"I don't want to," John argued snidely.

"Please." Jack added.

I snorted, like that was gonna help.

"Nope. Goodbye," John replied, standing up and turning to walk away.

"I think you'll find you were meant to say goodnight," Jack pointed out.

I was confused about what he said, until a fist came around and knocked against John's head with a sickening thud. He slumped to the ground, unconscious, and I slipped out of his hold. Turning to Jack, who was inspecting his fist proudly, I grinned.

"Thank you. That creep had a tight hold, now carry your own drink," I said, thrusting a glass of rum into his hands.

Then, I walked off, leaving his smug ass behind me.

----------

"I'm not going back for more," I said simply as Gibbs went to scull his drink.

Instead, as i said that, he took a delicate sip,

"Best make it last then," he muttered.

I smirked, taking a swig of my own.

"Have you found me a crew?" Jack asked.

"That's a hard tale. All the best sailors in town refuse to sail with you- they say you're a jinx," Gibbs explained.

"Now where, I wonder, did they get that idea?" Jack asked.

"Maybe just from watching you. And seeing how other pirates that have sailed with you have returned-or not returned," I muttered, obviously too loud though.

"What would you know?" Jack asked, turning to me.

"I've heard other pirates talking. You know, cos I socialise," I replied.

"Yes. And you socialise too much," jack muttered.

Then, louder, he asked, "And what have the other pirates said about anyone not returning from my voyages?"

I grinned evilly, it was time to toy with him.

"I heard about one of the most infamous pirates around, who disappeared when on a voyage with you. She hasn't been seen since," I replied.

Jack, who had been walking off to talk to Will, froze.

"And who, may I ask, was that?"

"She was only spoken of by her Alias. The Black Sapphire," I answered coldly.

Jack swung around quickly and marched over to the table where I was sitting with Gibbs. He knelt down slightly so his eyes were level with mine, and I couldn't help but notice how dangerous he looked at that moment.

"Don't you DARE speak of her," he spat venomously. But I wasn't so easily put off.

"Why not? Was she special to you? Then why did you run off on her?"

"Yes. She was special to me, she was my partner in crime, you could say-"

"Then why did you abandon her when she needed you most?"

"I DID NOT ABANDON HER!" Jack yelled.

I flinched back. Jack noticed, and hurriedly composed himself.

"I left her, Crystal, because I was scared. Not for my life, but for my love life. I was falling for her, and I was too cowardly to admit it. So I ran away," Jack confessed quietly.

There was silence as my brain went into overdrive.

'He was falling in love with you!' A voice rang out in my head.

'No. He was falling in love with the Black Sapphire,' I argued.

'Which was you!'

'Yes. Key word there. Was. I'm not her anymore, and Jack does NOT love me. So please, go annoy someone else for a bit.' I answered bitterly.

Thankfully, Gibbs broke the silence.

"Jack, where are you sailing to?" He asked.

Jack broke out of the measuring stare he had been giving me to answer.

"I'm going after the Black Pearl," He replied, taking up his seat at the table.

"And that's why people believe you're bad luck," I mumbled, earning a death glare from jack.

"Say again?!" Gibbs exclaimed.

"I'm going after the black pearl. I know where it's going to be, and when, and I'm going to take it," Jack elaborated.

"Jack, it's a fool's errand. You've heard the stories they've told about the black pearl," Gibbs said.

"Aye. And that's how I know where it's going to be. And how I know what Barbossa's up to. All I need is a crew."

"A fool's errand," Gibbs repeated quietly.

"Not if the fool had something Barbossa wants. Something he needs."

"Aye, and why is that?"

Jack nodded his head over at will before speaking.

"That there is Will turner, Bootstrap Bill's son," Jack half whispered. I gasped in realisation.

"You're using him as a trading tool!" I exclaimed, receiving yet another glare from Jack.

"Yes. And what are you gonna do about it. Do you want me to leave you in Tortuga?"

"No. "

"Then keep your trap shut!" I pouted.

Someday I was gonna get jack's head and stick up where the sun don't shine.

Oblivious to our argument, Gibbs started talking again.

"Well, lookee there. I'll allow you might be onto something. I'm sure there're pirates as crazy as you on this rock. I'll see if I can wrangle up a few," He announced, downing his drink and slamming the empty tankard on the table.

The loud sound alerted Will. He immediately drew his sword and dagger, kicked over a table and jumped out at anyone that came past.

"Kid's a bit of a stick, isn't he?!" Gibbs pointed out, chuckling.

"That he is," Jack replied, a smirk spreading across his face.

And in that moment. All I really, REALLY wanted to do was slap that smug expression off his incredibly handsome face. Wait, did I just think what I think I just thought? I think the sea's getting to me. Either that, or I really am drunk.