55. The Power of Love

August POV

"Hi, Mr. Alsina" Koko's assistant Emily greeted me as I approached the front desk of her office.

"How you doing Emily?" I asked placing my hands on the counter too and she smiled

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked as I looked around the office to see if I could see him.

"I'm cool" I answered looking back at Emily

"That's good, how's Autumn feeling. She texted me this morning saying she wasn't coming in she didn't feel to well." She informed me and furrowed my eyebrows but soon fixed my face

"She good, but Emily is Jussie in today?" I asked her and she nodded

"Yes sir, he's in a meeting he should be in out in about 10 mins, you want to wait in his office?" She asked and I nodded

"Yea that's cool" I said following her to his office.

I sat down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. Since everything went down the other night I've ignored Koko, she was over at the house earlier talking to Trav and he was trying to get me to speak to her but I just ignored her presence.

I love that girl so much it's unbelievable, but my head is fighting with my heart. Although I know the kiss wasn't her fault I couldn't help think about her kissing another nigga and that shit fucking with me. I don't want her kissing no other nigga the way she kiss me or pleasing another nigga the way she please me.

Knowing today was our 1 year anniversary and how I've treated her these past 2 days was killing me. I wanted to see her and tell her that I was sorry for ignoring her and I wanted to move past this but my pride had kept me from doing so.

A door opened interrupted my thoughts and I knew it was Jussie "Mr. Alsina, how you doing today?" He asked walking in and over to the other side of his desk.

"Cut the bullshit bruh, sit down lemme holla at you" I said irritated nodding for him to sit and he did as I held my pointer finger against my thumb as I eyed him.

"Ian gone come in hea and act like I like you cuz I don't, and the ONLY reason I ain't come in hea and beat yo ass is because this is my ol' lady's place of business and I respect her too much

I hate niggas like you who prey on nice respectful women and use that as a weakness against them. You knew your boss had a man, nigga you met me so why you continued to pursue her I don't know.

But lemme tell you this, Yung ain't the one. Don't fuck with mines cuz I'll fuck you up, so whatever the fuck you feeling for my lady lose it.

Cuz if she come home telling me some shit you done did fuck all this talkin bullshit I'm findin you my nigga and I'm beatin yo ass and Ima show you a how a real New Awlins nigga get the fuck down. Don't play bout me and mines and that's a fact you better fuckin ask about me nigga." I stood up leaning over his desk getting in his face pointing my finger at him while I spoke never raising my voice but mugging the shit out him.