2. Nola Streets to Saved and Santified

August's POV (2010)
"AUGUSSTTT" i was knocked out of my daydream by my loud ignorant ass twin cousins Sneak and Teke yellin my name.

We was chilling off 3rd and Pollock smoking a blunt, getting ready to make this last drop for the night.

"What niggas! Fuck y'all yellin my damn name like dat fuh" I responded with a mean ass mug on my face. They looked at me and started laughing. "Fuck so damn funny" I asked them.

Sneak chuckled while lowering and shaking his head

"Yung you straight, you been out of it these past few days. You look like you haven't slept in days, got bags lower than a 80 year old lady's titties. What's going on witcha my nigga?"

he asked me and i sighed and wiping my hand down my face because he was right.

"Man I'm gucci let's just make this last drop so i can go home."

I said trying to avoid the conversation. Teke and Sneak started laughing again and i asked them with a confused look on my face

"What now? Why y'all keep laughing"

Teke responded to me "Yung you clutchin, we known ya all our lives, you really thank we don't know when some wrong witcha. We ya brother's talk to us." I just sighed.

"Yung we know auntie Sheila kicked ya out, and she right this life right chea, it ain't you man.

You got a voice, you can make it yung get out of these streets. You know Mel don't want you living like this, go make life better for you and ya family.

We'll be here holding it down for ya and you know it.

But you gotta get right, cuz outchea in these grimy streets of New Awlins and living the life we live you know from experience with Mel, we don't make it to 25. Get outta here my nigga and make us proud." Teke said and Sneak nodded his head agreeing. I nodded letting them know I hear em holding back tears because I knew Mel would be disappointed in the life I was living.

They took me to get my belongings from the corner store I been sleeping in and dropped me off at the bus station.

They gave me about 5 racks and told me to take my ass to Atlanta, and don't look nor come back til i made it and that's what i did...

5 years later... Present day
"Look at ya neighbor and say I want God to bless me, til it don't make sense! I want him to bless me and blow my mind" I smiled and repeated what Rev. Ray said to my neighbor.

I'm in memphis for a show and I decided to come to church this morning so i visited New Salem. He did the eulogy at my brother's funeral down in Nola when he visited. He was a good friend of my pastor in New Orleans.

Right now I was on tour with Usher, and I had Sneak, Teke, and my brother Travis traveling with me.

When Rev got done preachin, the same girl with the banging voice that led praise and worship earlier got up again and took us to church! She was killing, she had me along with errybody standing up and clapping for her. I sang along as she sung "I told the storm", one of my favorite gospel songs since i was a yungin.

After service, I went and spoke to Rev. and he told me to follow one of his deacons to his office because he wanted to talk more and go to lunch.

I agreed and Sneak, Teke, Trav and I all followed behind the deacon and we reached a door down the hallway which I assumed was Rev's office.

When he opened the door for us, I noticed two young women sitting at a table in the office, they said hello shyly and we sat down on the sofa across from them, but something about one of them really caught my attention....
--------------------------------------------------------------
August sees Koko for the first time!! What does he think?

Vote and Comment!?