You promised

Annica's POV:
We continued to walk through the walkers. I held Carl's hand really tight and he did the same thing with mine. He looked back at me and he smiled a bit. I returned it and suddenly we all came to somewhere safe.

"Alright new plan... We're not going to the armory---" Rick discussed but I walked over to Carl.

"Hey..." Carl said.

"Hi..." I said and released a sigh.

"You okay?"

"Nope" I replied

He sighed and grabbed both of my hands.

"Hey... Hey! Its gonna be okay, I'll be here and I will protect you" Carl said.

"Carl... Whatever happens today, just.... Let's just promise to each other that we'll never ever leave each other... Ever" I said. He nodded and smiled. He leaned in close to me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Annica"

"I love you too Carl... But please... Call me Y/N" I smiled

"I'll take her, I'll keep her safe in my church til you guys come back" Gabriel said.

Carl then gave Judith to him and Gabriel looked over at Rick.

"I promise I'll keep her safe" Gabriel said and Rick nodded.

There was an awkward silence til Jessie broke it.

"Take sam" Jessie said.

"Mom, no" Sam resisted.

"Sam, yes... It will be much safer in there"

"Mom please no... I'm not... I can keep going"

"Sam--"

"I can keep going... Please, lets just go" Sam pleaded.

"Maybe we should let him" I said

We all nodded in response. Rick looked at Gabriel and Gabriel said "I'm going to keep her safe" and Rick nodded.

He slowly walked away.

"He's gonna make it" Jessie said to comfort Rick. Rick nodded and called sam.

Sam held rick's hand and Jessie held Sam's other hand. While I held her hand and Carl held mine from the other and so on.

--------TIME SKIP--------
Night time came and the town was still flooding with walkers.

"Almost there..." I whispered and looked back at Carl. He squeezed my hand and we suddenly stopped.

We saw Sam crying

"Sam, come on let's go... You can do this be brave" I said.

"Sam I know you can do this, so come on" Ron said.

"Sam" Rick whisper-yelled at Sam.

"Sam please..." Jessie begged

"M-Monsters... The monsters" Sam cried out and that's when the walkers took a bite at his head and at his shoulder.

Just then, Jessie started screaming and moments later she just stared at nothing looking like a lunatic.

"Come with us please! Jessie!" I whisper yelled.

I tried yanking her but then walkers started to bite her.

Rick fell to tears but then Jessie was still holding my hand. Carl helped me pulling it and I cried.

"Its no use, just go!" I whisper yelled to Carl.