Formality

Allison was driving back home. But the rain and the lightning couldn't block out the images and flashes Derek Hale, roaring, screaming and snarling at them from her mind. Her aunt had let loose some volts of electricity at him. She said that it would tire him out but it looked like it was just plain torturing him.

"What are you doing? Is that going to kill him?" she asked.

Kate just smiled at her. "Oh come on kiddo. Don't get all ethical on me know," she said with some amusement in her voice.

Kate then went and shocked Derek some more.

"What is he?' Allison asked.

Kate shrugged. "Shapeshifter. Lycan. Werewolf." She laughed after she was done with the list. "To me he's just another dumb animal." She then let some more shocks go through. When Derek was practically unconscious Kate then went to his mouth and pushed his lips up. "Come here. See these. These are canines, also known as fangs," she explained showing Allison the fanged teeth he had. "Made for the tearing and rending of flesh. Not something you find on those cute leaf eating herbivores, is it?"

Allison raised her eyes. "This is a joke to you?"

"Sweetheart, there are werewolves running around in the world. Everything is a joke to me? How else do you think I stay sane?"

Allison just shook her head. "So, he really was at the high school then? And he's the one behind all the animal attacks?"

Kate shut the light off. "There's actually three of them. Another younger one, like him called a beta. Then there's the Alpha. That's the pack leader. Bigger, stronger, nastier. Those are the real ugly ones." She led Allison out of the room and shut the door behind them.

"When were they going to tell me?" Allison asked her.

"They still haven't decided if they're going to tell you."

"Why?"

"Let's just say that if you react badly when you found out...not good."

"What do you mean, not good?"

"They don't think that you could handle it. They look at you and they see this frightened little girl that will run to the corner when she finds out the truth. Me...you know what I see? Natural talent. Allison, you said that you wanted to feel more powerful, right?" Allison nodded. "Well, now's your chance."

"But, what am I supposed to do now?"

"Go to school, do your homework, go to Formal on Friday night. Act like a normal teenage girl that doesn't know anything. Just relax until you're ready to help me with the next part."

"What's the next part?" Allison asked.

"You're going to help me catch the second beta."

"The one like Derek?" Kate nodded. "Who is it?"

"We're not too sure but we have a pretty strong suspect. Obviously, it's someone that Derek knows and is close to. Your dad caught a glimpse of him, not a good look, but enough to know he might actually be your age. And goes to school with you?"

"Who?" asked Allison tensing up. She couldn't imagine anyone from school being that thing that she had just seen a moment ago.

"He might be closer than you think. You might have already helped us id him actually."

"Me?"

"Yeah, that night at the school. When you told me of the guy that seemed to be trying to cover for Derek. That tried to make it sound that he might not have been there that night?" Kate saw Allison's face tighten and her eyes widen. "You better keep an eye out. Your boyfriend's buddy."