Two.

"Anna, we're going to be late. Get out of that damn bathroom already!" Anna's mother shouted as she banged on the bathroom door where Anna had locked herself in for the past two hours.

Inside the bathroom, Anna finally cleared all the hair that she had lost in the shower she'd had. One week of not washing your hair does have extreme side effects, Anna thought.

She dried her hair and wiped her wet face and red eyes. The morning had been eventful already. First off, she decided to take the advice her ex boyfriend had oh-so-kindly given to her.

She knew that she had to do something with her life. And the first step was 'to stop giving a fuck'. She understood that half of her emotional turmoil was because of the fact that she let everyone and everything get to her head. Alot.

It had bothered her that her friends had planned and plotted her destruction like this. It had bothered her that the guy she looked up to almost as a brother had pointed fingers at her for being a disgrace to women. It had bothered her when they publically humiliated her, and forced her to believe that she indeed was a bitch. It had bothered her that her own boyfriend had been silent the whole time this was happening and even confessed to thinking that she was a liar.

And, it bothered her that it still took a text from him to finally drop her I-am-going-to-cry-till-the-world-ends-as-we-know-it act.

Shaking her head, she repeated "I am not going to let this bother me anymore. It is a new day and I am going to start focusing on myself from today. It is all about me."

And for the first time, she smiled. A real genuine smile. And it made her feel even happier that her smile was for herself, not for anyone else. Because that's what mattered. Being happy, for yourself.

And so, she smiled again.

--------------------------------

"What in the name of Olympus are you even wearing?" Kyla shrieked when she saw Anna trudge downstairs a good half hour before they had to leave.

"What? What is wrong with this?" Anna asked genuinely confused as she looked at the leather jacket and skinny jeans she was wearing. It made her curves look good and she knew she looked hot. Her hair was open and came down her shoulders in soft waves while there was only a little makeup on her face since her tanned skin didn't demand more artificial makeup.

"Well, we are not going to a night out at some club that you are dressed like this. It's an engagement party. The whole family and extended family is going to be there. Now go back upstairs and put on something more... lady-like." Kyla said the last word a little unsure.

Anna understood what was going on in her mother's head since she just smirked and said "You want me to put on a nice dress and look like a goody girl just so that you can show me off to the rest of the family right?"

Kyla's face looked like a deer caught in a headlight while Anna just shook her head smiling knowingly.

"Well Mom, I am coming like this or I am not coming at all. Pick your choice."

Just then her father came downstairs and smiled at her. "Oh hey sweetheart, you look great."

That made Anna burst in fits of laughter while her mother just rolled her eyes and made a dramatic exit.

"What? What did I do now?" Her dad asked puzzled while Anna was still trying hard to not choke on her laughter.

"You know what sweetheart, I missed this. Your smile is too pretty to be hidden behind that frown you had been carrying on all week." Her dad smiled at her and Anna saw that twinkle come back in his eyes.