Chapter 10 Bullpens and Bullship

***I sincerely apologize. This was meant to be a humorous chapter, but it got pretty dark. ***

We end up sleeping after Meanie cuts and dries my hair. Silas makes the supreme sacrifice and allows me to doze against his chest. He really has no choice after he commandeers my only pillow. There is no way I'm going to use the ones provided by the motel, and the floor is really not an option for anyone to lay on. Meanie grumbles, but settles in on my other side.

When we wake up again, the sun is beginning to set. Silas receives a text, huffs a strangled laugh, then passes the phone to Gabe who also laughs.

"What is it?" I ask, feeling left out.

"It seems they've come up with a plan while we've been here," Silas answers.

"Are you going to tell me what it is?" I almost beg.

"It may be better if it's a surprise, Aggele," Silas rumbles with a laugh.

I feel my lip pressing out into a pout, and my eyes widen at a mournful moan from Gabe. He pulls me into his lap and holds my face with both hands. The look of sheer distress has anxiety building through my stomach. My hands mirror his as I cup his cheeks as my eyes fill.

"Might want to dial it back, Aggele. You're going to give Gabe a heart attack," Silas murmurs.

Confusion creases my brow, and I'm shocked when Gabe uses his thumb to press my lower lip back in. I didn't even realize I was still pouting.

"No more of that, Trouble. You know I can't handle pouting, and you add tears too? We'll tell you. Just stop with the double whammy," Gabe mumbles, still watching me with alarmed caution.

"Sorry, Meanie. You looked so sad. I didn't mean to cry," I whisper against his thumb.

"I forgot you used to do that. Si, man, this little troublemaker could get giant gashes in her skin while playing and not even blink. The moment she saw any of us hurt, though? Cue the waterworks," Gabe explains at Silas' look of confusion.

"Are you going to tell me now?" I ask while Gabe still holds my cheeks. He smirks, but nods.

"Your stepbrother has been creeping outside this motel since we got here. North got some pictures of him with his face pressed to the window. We'll stop by the motel office to tell them to be on the lookout for Mitch before we swing by the police station to file a restraining order," Gabe explains with glee, but covers my mouth when I'm about to protest. "It seems Silas has himself a stalker. We chose him as the stalked party so douchecanoe can't claim he was doing some brotherly duty bullshit by following you. No one will be able to say differently because he'll really be following Silas anyway. Is he going to tell people he's stalking his little step sister instead? Fuck no. So, when we leave, bring everything you don't want that asshole to fuck with. The fucktard is going to break in, because let's face it, he's just that cliché. Then when everything's said and done, North will have photographic proof of the guy creeping on Silas," Gabe finishes with relish.

"Silas rented the room under his name," I murmur quietly.

"Exactly, Aggele," Silas smiles widely as he speaks. His smile fades into a look of concern. "I'm sorry, Aggele. You'll have to stick by me until we submit proof of him violating the restraining order and have him locked up," Silas murmurs.

"I have no problem with that, but it's going to be tough with schooling," I say while chewing the corner of my lip.

"Don't worry, Trouble. Between all us fuckers, you won't be alone if the asshole does try to get to you," Gabe reassures.