Chapter 8

I walked slowly through the trees making sure not to sit on a branch to make noise aware. Making my way around the house I went to the pack house.

I walked through the door. No one should know who I was considering the Alpha wouldn't want to scare the people, guessing only the people at the pack hospital would recognize  who I truly was. I had memorize each one of their faces and my plan was to avoid those people especially.

I walked average I would say to the pack speed not trying to draw attention. Making my way to an elevator about five women were inside waiting to up to which I joined. I sniffed the air  low key and could already sense that the Beta Nate hadn't been here recently the scent was weak but I could already.

Every floor button up to four was pressed all I would have to do is sense which floor he was on. Three floors later I had finally gotten his scent leaving bitterness in me.

I walked down the hall this floor had only ten rooms compared to the rest that had fifty on each surprisingly.

I came to the door which was 345 I knocked on it expecting to see the Beta, surprisingly a blond female appeared with hazel eyes.

She was in a male T-shirt which was over sized on her bringing out her legs which were quite long, yet flabby showing she was weak and hardly trained.

I cocked my eyebrow awkward this would have been if this was male stead of a fellow female. "Hello," she greeted me with a small smile on her face. "Hello, by any chance do you know which door the Beta is in," I asked trying my best to be polite. I didn't need her blowing my cover.

Her eyes fasted over what I was wearing which was very dirty. My jeans were ripped towards the knees which was considered a fashion in the human world I guess which some woman wolves did which attracted the males.  My shirt was a black tank top showing my red bra strap I must of seemed very unpleasant at the moment just like a rouge.

Her eyes flashed with jealousy as she finished overtaking my body. She bit her lip like she didn't want to say where, "I really need to talk him for a few and I will be on my way out of here," I replied. The last thing I needed was a jealous she-wolf that wanted someone with power.

She nodded her head hesitantly, "Nate, Um a woman is asking for you at the door," she announced into her room.

The Beta walked to the door without his shirt on revealing a seven pack. I didn't pay much attention to it and kept eye contact with him. The female relaxed when she realized my intentions weren't to jump on him.

His eyes showed shock as stared at me in disbelief. "What are you doing here aren't you supposed to be in that room," he asked.

"We need to talk," I stated and glanced at his mate I assumed by the way she stood protectively near him. "Alone," I stated.

He stared at his mate and let go of her arm, slowly he kissed her forehead and told her to go into their room. Closing the door he turned to be interested in what I was going to say.

"Where does the Alpha live I need to have a word with him," I request instantly.

He stared at me, "I can't say I can smell the poison on you and know you will attempt to kill the Alpha," he said.

"I'm not attempting I'm trying to get the job done," I replied and brought my arm to my hip.

"Why do you want to kill him," he asked.

"I have an urge to," I stated.

"Why don't you try to talk to him," he tried to compromise.

"I don't compromise," I stated and looked at my wrist that was pale.

"He's your mate you can't ignore him he is supposed to be your other half," he stared at me trying to find something in my eyes.

"You always have this mask on like your mate. Deep down inside I know your dying. Dying from not being with your mate you won't last without him," he said.

"I've been living years practically on my own I didn't need anyone then and I don't need anyone now," I stated.

He sighed and brought his hand through his hair. "Why haven't you killed me yet," he asked confused.

"Why aren't you afraid that I am going to kill you," shot back.

"Because I see the real you a little. You've let your wolf control your life and she made you gullible to what ever she said ever since you were a child." He said believing every word he said.

His words hit me hard as I starting thinking about what he said. Has my wolf been messing me up all I know is every death I caused brought great pleasure to me in every way.

"Let me help you..Please," he said looking at me with pity.

I felt my face harden when his face do pity was revealed to me. I didn't need his pity every person doesn't need that especially me.

"Come with me," he said and went to his room, I followed as I glanced around his room his mate was reading a book "The last Olympian" it was a pretty good book.

He brought out a needle and looked at me. I glared at him as he flicked the tip of it. When he turned around he was surprised by my glare, but kept still.

"It will sedate anyone's wolf," he explained to me.

"And why do I need that," I asked.

"I think your wolf is the murderer not you," he stated and walked towards me.

"I want to sedate your wolf for one day and you tell me how you feel. You will be a regular werewolf. No tiredness, no pain, only experience," he exclaimed with hope in his eyes.

I stared at him decided whether to trust him or not. I looked into his eyes to see if he would cower away, but instead I found honesty and nothing else. "Can I heal if I get injured," I asked. He shook his head no.

"Your wolf can take control if you need to heal yourself, but if things get bad I can instantly get your wolf back with the antidote," I offered him.

I weighed my pros and cons and for sure their were a lot of cons to the situation. Then again I didn't have much to live for so nothing lost and if anything I might gain.

I extended my arm out and breathe out

"Inject me"

Questions of the day
Are you telling the truth if you lie in bed?

If someone gave you the power to save just one animal species what would it be?

If you drop soap on the floor is the floor clean or the soap dirty?