Chapter 9

A/n So this is a time skip ( I know we all just love these and I'm sorry) to when they are guarding the forest from the female titan.

I watched as the wires shot into the female titan, preventing her from moving. Eren seemed relieved and Levi showed no emotion, as always. The rest of the squad looked terrified, while I was just confused. As I gazed at her, I realized that she looked a lot like Annie. 

I stood in the trees, bored out of my mind. This wasn't a challenge. No challenge, no fun. That was simply one of my life rules. Now if you're wondering why I love/hate Levi, it's because he poses a challenge. Other guys, except maybe Eren, are all the same. I'd get bored if I was with them. Levi, however, always made me mad, challenged me, and sometimes posed a threat.

Suddenly, an ear shattering  roar came from the female titan. Hundreds of titans flowed through the trees and began eating her. All I could do was watch in shock. Then came the order to kill them and keep the female alive. However, we soon learned that all we did was in vain. I had killed at least 18 titans and still more came. The order to retreat was given and I followed my squad out. 

As we were swinging, a hooded-figure appeared. I was a little suspicious and tried to steal a look at the person's face. Suddenly, the person lashed out and Gunther was swinging dead from a tree. We cried out and with a puff of smoke, The female titan was behind us. So, she's a shifter, just like Eren.

I swung out and tried yelling at them to retreat, but they wouldn't listen. I tried my best to help them and I surely thought we were going to win. Of course, when something good happens, a bad thing just has to come along and ruin it. In this case, the bad thing was: Death.

I watched helplessly as my comrades died one by one. The last to go was supposed to be Petra. But, I wasn't about to allow her to die. I swung over to her and pushed her out of the way. I was just in time to save her, but not myself. No pain was felt and I slipped away from this world.

~Levi's POV~

I noticed my squad had gone on ahead without me. So, I followed behind and when I found them, they were being slaughtered mercilessly by the female titan. I watched, unable to help as my one and only love was taken fromme. Rage, fury, anger, whatever you want to call it, consumed me and I swiftly took her down. Spinning and slashing, I cut into the giant's flesh. Nothing could heal this empty, hollow feeling of her death. 

~Timeskip to when they are back in the walls~

I was cleaning more than usual lately and I hardly ever talked to anyone. (Y/n) wasn't there to yell at me, or cheer me up. Her smile no longer brightened the room. She was no longer there.

Jaeger was sad as well. Although, he still had his friends to cheer him up. I had no one. Not anymore. Despite (y/n)'s attempt to save Petra, she died later from a severe injury. (Y/n) died in vain. For no reason.

When we finally caught Annie, the female titan, I didn't say anything. Inside, I wanted to personally tear her limb from limb. Of course, I couldn't and she got away.

I was all alone.

______________________________-_-______________________________

A/n This is the second to last chapter. Hope you liked it.