"This monk did he have an arrow on his head?" The man nodded. 

I huffed.

-

And once again, I was dragged into a hunt for the avatar. I sat on the ground next to Iroh, who was patiently listening to me vent.

"I swear! Every time I finally have some chance to do anything that doesn't involve the avatar, he appears!" I snarled, crossing my arms across my chest. Zuko stood talking to the captain on the other side of the ship though I knew he could hear. "I don't understand why he just won't take a brake! And he only calls me 'girl' now! Like, hello, I have a name."

"Be patient, Kumo." Iroh advised, smiling down at me. "Prince Zuko means well, he just doesn't express it as well as you or I do." 

"He doesn't express it at all." I growled, Kaze nodded, growling with me. I loved that dog. Iroh sighed.

Night fell and that's when we heard it, the sounds of water and someone in pain. I instantly recognised it as Katara but again, didn't say anything. It just made me grumpier, Kaze caught onto my mood and tried to cheer me up. It didn't work.

We left the boats on the bank of the river. Zuko and a pirate ventured into the forest to get her. I followed shortly after, when I emerged from the bushes. Zuko was holding Katara's wrist and was really close.

Jealousy clawed at my heart. I always preferred Sokka anyway. I paused. Did I like Zuko? No way. Then why do I feel jealous? I let out a sigh of frustration. Maybe I did like him a little bit, and it annoyed me when he seemed closer to Katara then me.

I'd saved him countless times! Not Katara and I had I got a thank you? No! I had not! He wouldn't even call me by my damn name! Ugh! 

The pirates tied Katara to a tree. She took her time to glare at us all but stopped at me. Her eyes widened with shock.

"You!"She screamed at me, thrashing around in the rope. I gave her a blank stare. "You traitor! I can't believe you! Siding with the fire nation after what they did to our tribe."

I shrugged, containing my anger for the selfish girl that stood before.

"Don't try and guilt trip me." I said nonchalantly. "You always wanted me gone, you never liked me, not even as a kid."

Zuko turned to stare at me, even Iroh seemed surprised by my cold attitude. Kaze whined, I scratched behind his ear as I stared at Katara.

"Now, tell me where he is and I won't hurt you or your brother." Zuko demanded, crossing his arms.

"Go jump in the river." She spat back. I glanced towards the river then back at Katara.

"And thats the only thing I agree with you on." I exclaimed dully. Zuko shot me a glare. Iroh put a hand on my shoulder, sending me a concerned look. I smiled at him.

"Try to understand." His tone was weirdly soothing. How come he was all gentle with her but not me? " I need to regain something I lost by capturing him, my honour. Perhaps in exchange I can restore something you've lost."

Katara's eyes went wide. I smirked, so thats why he kept the necklace. My good mood seemed to return slightly. But it still upset me how he was all close and gentle with her. Okay, maybe I did like him.

"My mother's necklace?" Katara gasped. "How did you get that?"

"I didn't steal it if thats what your wondering." He still seemed calm. " Tell me where he is."

"No!" I would've threatened to burn it if I was him. I'd work. And then he threatened to burn the water scroll.

"Wow, got your priorities straight there, fire bender." I muttered sarcastically. Zuko ordered them to search the wood, and they did. "Ugh..."

"Got a problem?" He snapped, turning to face me. Iroh paled. I blinked before glaring at him.

"Yeah, I do, banished prince." I snarled with equal anger. He narrowed his eyes before kicking the air, fire shot out of his foot and I narrowly dodged it, well, sort of. My forearm received a nasty burn. I hissed in pain. He looked guilty and reached a hand out. Kaze snarled.

"I- I didn't mean too." He stuttered guiltily. Iroh was about to intervene but I sent him a stare. 

"You know what, it's fine, forget about it." I sighed, folding my arms, wincing as my forearm continued to burn. "I'm going to get a drink."

"Wait! I-"

"I said, its fine, okay?" I sighed, shooting him a sad smile before disappearing onto the boat, clutching my wounded arm.