Alpha

"This is a terrible idea." I stood slumped against the cold metal of Stiles's jeep, a scowl on my face. He, Scott and I were currently waiting at the school for a werewolf I didn't really wanna see right now. I had been wrenched from my warm bed, leaving me standing in the cool night air in a pair of spandex and a cropped hoodie.
"Yeah I know." Scott breathed, staring up at the dark building in front of us.
"But we're still gonna do it?" I scoffed. Derek believed that the veterinarian, Dr Deaton, was the alpha. I personally thought he seemed pretty chill but my estranged boyfriend was keen on murdering him while he could. Scott on the other hand wasn't- devising a horrible plan to catch the alpha.
"Can you think of anything better?" The werewolf rolled his eyes.
"Well, personally I'm a fan of ignoring a problem until it goes away." Stiles cut in. At that moment, the black Camaro raced into the parking lot, pulling to a stop in front of us. Derek got out of the car and my heart skipped a beat. In the one day we hadn't seen each other, he seemed to have gotten even more gorgeous. He wore his trademark leather jacket, his black hair messily stiles and his green eyes boring into mine.
"Where's my boss?" Scott stepped forward.
"He's in the back." Derek's smooth voice brought a pang to my heart and I tore my gaze away from his.
"Oh well he looks comfortable." Stiles sarcastic remark received glares from all of us. Scott turned and began towards the school, stiles hot on his heels.
"Wait! Where the hell are you going?" I called out at the same time Derek shouted out at them. We shared a quick glance before I broke away, turning my attention to the boys in front of me.
"You said I was linked to the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right." Scott answered.
"When the hell did this plan happen?" I shouted. "If he actually fucking comes we're all screwed!"
"No, we can trap him and finish him off." Stiles rolled his eyes. I gawked at the pale boy.
"I looked that thing in the eyes, okay? We can't take him! It'll kill us-" my yelling was cut off when a hand clasped over my mouth and I was pulled into a hard chest.
"All right. Now that that's over, you said a wolf howls to signify his position to the rest of the pack, right?" Scott held tight onto my wriggling, his grip firm.
"Right but if you bring him here, does that make you part of his pack?" The other two guys totally ignored my kidnapping, stiles continuing to question everything and Derek staring at the two with a frown.
"I hope not." Scott finally released me with a little shove, propelling me into my estranged lovers chest. I let out a little growl, quickly pushing off him and turning towards Scott, who was high tailing it into the school with Stiles. "India, you stay here with Derek! K bye!" The two disappeared into the dark building, leaving me in a very uncomfortable position. Derek and I hadn't talked since our fight and I had been plagued all day with the knowledge that he didn't love me like I did him.
"India." His deep voice sent shivers through my spine. I looked away, not able to look at him. My heart was hurting, it felt like it was suffocating inside of me. "India, I know you're feeling horrible and it kills me. I hide the truth from you to keep you safe. You think you can survive this, you think you can take care of yourself and I don't doubt that. But I can't let that happen." Derek moved in front of me, grasping my hands and making me look up into his sincere eyes. He went to continue when a horrid screeching howl echoed through the loud speakers. I cringed at the sound, reminiscent of a cat in a washing machine. Derek shook his head and let out a curse before returning to his speech. "India, if you die, if you get hurt in anyway, I couldn't bear it. I know it hasn't been long since we met but I can't lose you-" he was cut off yet again by another howl, this one strong and deep. I barely took notice, deeply emerged in Derek. He let out a sharp sigh and let go of one of my hands, gently placing it on my cheek. "I can't lose you. I love you, India Parker."
A slight gasp left my lips as I stared up at him, completely in shock. In my chest, my heart swelled and tears began to blossom in my eyes. Happy tears. The man I loved just confessed his love for me.
"Hey!" Stiles shouted. Derek and I sprang apart, moving to face the two boys running out of the school.
"I'm gonna kill both of you. What the hell was that? What are you trying to do, attract the entire state to the school?" Derek growled at them.
"Sorry, I didn't know it would be that loud." Scott grinned, obviously not sorry in the slightest.
"Yeah it was loud. And it was AWESOME." Stiles yelled enthusiastically.
"Shut up." Derek snapped, causing a slight smile to grow on my face. I stared up at him, despite the situation I was on cloud nine. All I had to do now was tell him that I shared his love and we'd be fine. We'd be us. Derek and India. In love.
"Don't be such a sour wolf." Stiles rolled is eyes.
"What'd you do with him?" Scott cut in. We all turned to look where he was- the backseat of Derek's Camaro. The empty back seat of Derek's Camaro. I stepped forward to get a better look. Deaton was gone, the door on the other side open.
"What? I didn't do anything." Derek started. I heard gasps escape the boys and quickly turned around. The alpha stood behind Derek, it's murderous red eyes fixed on us.
Just like that, the beast shoved its claws into my boyfriends back. I watched in horror as the alpha raised Derek up. His green eyes were fixed on me, blood seeping from his shirt and from his mouth. I let out a strangled sob as he was thrown into a brick wall on the other side of the parking lot, flung by the alpha like he was a mere toy. It felt like it was in slow motion. His eyes stayed on me, regardless of his flight through the air. And then he hit the wall and they closed. I started after him, completely ignoring the beast in my way. I could save him, I had to. He couldn't die. A strong hand gripped my arm, yanking me in the other direction. I screamed in protest as Scott pulled me with him and stiles as they ran into the building, away from the alpha and away from Derek. His body grew farther away as I struggled against Scott's grasp.
"No I can save him! Derek! No! I lov-" The heavy school doors slammed shut, Derek and the Alpha dissapearring from my sight.
"DEREK!"
~
I sat slumped up against the cold metal of the door, watching Scott and Stiles with hazy eyes. The two were yelling at each other, freaking out due to the furry, murdering beast currently pacing outside the school. My mind hadn't fully accepted that we were about to get killed by an angry dog with red eyes, revolving only around the scene she had witnessed minutes before. When Derek was killed. There was a sprig of hope in me- I hadn't drawn the werewolf's death. Either my abilities were faulty or he wouldn't die, but I couldn't take those odds. It felt like a part of me had been ripped out, an empty cavity in my chest. I was flung from my thoughts as Stiles pushed past me and back out side. Seeing the boy who I thought of as a brother run into his possible murder snapped me out of my feelings. My mind started whirring, fight or flight taking over. Scott and I threw ourselves at the door, watching in horror as Stiles crept into the October night. His gaze was focused on a pair of bolt cutters no doubt thinking he could use them to lock the door. As he bent down to grab them, the horrifying figure of the alpha crept out from behind his jeep. Scott and I started yelling, hitting our hands against the hard door in an attempt to alert Stiles. He quickly caught on, looking up in horror at the monster before dashing back inside. We secured the bolt cutters on the door before looking back out to an empty parking lot.
"Stiles that was insanely stupid and I hate you." I sighed out, embracing the lanky boy in a tight hug. His arms wrapped around me quickly before we both pulled away, scanning our surroundings.
"Where is it? Where did it go? That won't hold,will it?" Scott breathed out, looking back at us in terror. The adrenaline began pumping through my veins, my hands gripping the boys shorts as I turned to run from the flimsy door.
"Probably not." The three of us had just began to cautiously walk down the dark hallway when a howl pierced the eerie silence. We shared a terrified look before bolting. The three of use tore down the empty halls, running like our lives were on the line. Tears began to creep from my eyes as i ran, hysterics gripping me.
"W-wait!" I panted, crumbling down to the floor. My chesty was heaving up and down, my heart burning.
"India!" Stiles and Scott skidded to a stop, rounding back to me. "India, we have to get out of here."
"No." I blinked back my tears and took a deep breath, standing up shakily. "Not without Derek." The boys shared a like before letting out annoyed sounds of agreement. I pushed on, my legs pumping as I located the west door. When we reached it, Scott immediately threw his body weight at it. The metal door barely even rattled and the werewolf fell down with a cry of pain.
"What the hell?" Stiles cried, throwing his shoulder at the door and failing as well.
"It must be locked." I said, my voice coming out a lot more assured than I was really feeling. Stiles peered out the small window, letting out a groan as he located the obstacle.
"It's a dumpster shoved against the door." He sighed.
"Okay this way!" Scott called, starting down another hallway.
"No! Wait! We need to think, guys!" Stiles cried out, stopping then brunette werewolf in his tracks.
"Somewhere without windows." I breathed.
"Every single room in this building has windows." My brother groaned.
"Okay, somewhere with less windows." Stiles rolled his eyes.
"The locker room." Scott perked up, looking at the two of us with excited eyes.
"Okay. Okay, let's get the hell out of here." I nodded. We took off again, sprinting through the familiar halls towards the only freaking room in the entire school with out an entire wall of windows.
The locker room was eerily quiet, save for our panting. I leaned against the wall, attempting to catch my breath. The only thing on my mind was surviving, getting out of this hell hole alive. There was no fucking way I would let myself die in this school. Then, we'd get Derek.
"Call your dad." Scott locked the door behind us.
"And tell him what?" Stiles whispered incredulously.
"I don't know, anything. Gas leak, fire, whatever. If that thing sees a parking lot of cop cars, it'll take off."
"What if it doesn't?" I shook my head. "It's too risky."
"What is it goes Terminator and kills every cop in sight, including my dad?" Stiles cried out quietly.
"They have guns." Scott tried.
"Yeah and Derek had to be shot with a wolfsbane laced bullet to even slow him down, you remember that?" I automatically flinched at Stiles words, remembering the first time my boyfriend had been mortally wounded and... Died.
"Then we- we have to find a way out and just run for it." I sighed. My friends shot me a worried look, no doubt noticing my watery eyes and slightly raspy voice.
"There's nothing near the school for at least a a mile." Stiles shook his head.
"What about Dereks car?" Scott asked, sending me a wary glance as I flinched automatically at his name.
"That could work. We go outside, we get the keys off his body and then we take his car." Stiles spoke nonchalantly.
"And him." I growled.
"Fine. Whatever." The boy pouted, moving to open the door. Scotts hand shot out, stopping him. "What?"
"I think I heard something." The werewolf whispered.
"Like what?"
"Quiet!" Scott hissed. We all took a step away from the door. "Hide!" The three of ourselves jumped into lockers, closing the doors and trying to disappear. I pressed my back into the cool metal, let out a shaky breath and tried to calm my breathing. The door swung open, the tap of shoes sounded against the hard floors of the locker room. I watched through the openings in the locker as a shadow came into view. It stopped in front of the locker Stiles was hidden in and with a swift moment, it swung the door open and yanked him out. "Stiles!" Scott and I yelled in sync, quickly jumping out of our lockers.
"Son of a bitch!" A man yelled. The janitor stood in front of us, one hand gripping his heart and the other holding Stiles. The latter pulled himself away with an angry snort.
"Quiet!" He hissed at the man.
"Quiet my ass, what the hell are you trying to do, kill me? Get out!" The janitor screamed.
"No that's the other guy." I whispered.
"Will you just listen for half a second?" Stiles raised his voice at the man.
"No! Get the hell out of here, right now!"
"God, just one second to explain!" Stiles yelled, growing angrier at the stubborn man.
"Just shut up and go!" The three of us ran from the locker room, turning to look back as the door slammed behind us. Not two seconds later, we heard a roar and the bloody body of the janitor was thrown against the clear door. I let out a gasp as I realized he was the drawing I had made the other night at Scotts. That he would die. Scott started for the door as the janitor screamed for help but I grabbed his hand.
"Go! Go!" Stiles yelled as we heard the alpha snarl. It didn't take much more convincing, the three of us taking off once again. The whole night just seemed to be running, pointless running. Our lives were a horror movie, and the girl always died first.
We reached yet another door, Stiles letting out an overjoyed cry before flinging the left side of his body into it. Instead of opening, the door stayed closed and the boy crumpled to the floor with a swear.
"Locked from the outside. Another Dumpster." I sighed, glancing out the window.
"He pushed it in front of the door to block us in." Stiles shook his head and stood back up.
"I'm not dying here. I'm not dying at the school." I shook my head, giving the door a shove. It didn't move.
"We're not going to die." Scott breathed, looking back down the dark hall.
"God, what is he doing? What does he want?" Stiles moaned, leaving against the door.
"Me. Derek said its stronger with a pack." The werewolf crossed his arms, glancing at me.
"Oh, great. A psychotic werewolf that's into team work." I snorted.
"That's- that's beautiful." Stiles sarcastically grinned.
-
"This is a bad idea." I moaned. After some very careful planning and totally not in the moment thinking, the three of us had managed to trap the alpha in the boiler room. We could hear it growling and hitting the wall, sending shivers down my spine.
Here it was. Here was the thing that killed my boyfriend, killed the man I love. I wanted to do something, to hurt it but I couldn't. I was weak.
"Come on get across!" Stiles hissed at me. I snapped back to reality, noticing the desk dividing me from Scott and Stiles. I quickly scrambled over it, letting out a little shriek when I heard a low growl from inside the room. Once I was safely wrapped in Scotts arms, Stiles clambered back onto the desk.
"What are you doing?" Scott yelled.
"I just wanna get a look at it." My idiotic friend murmured, scoring closer to the little window in the boiler room door.
"are you crazy?" I hissed at him.
"Look it's trapped, okay? It's not gonna get out. Yeah that's right we got you-"
"Stiles, shut the hell up!" I snapped.
"I'm not scared of this thing!" Stiles sneered at the alpha. "I'm not scared of you! Right, cause you're in there and we're out here! You're not going anywhere-" he was cut off by the sound of crunching plaster and metal. Our eyes rose to the ceiling, where a bulge was beginning to form. The alpha had jumped up above the door.
"Run!" Scott yelled. The three of us bolted, letting out screams as we heard the ceiling give out behind us and the thud of the alpha landing on the desk. We fled through endless basement hallways, the panting of the alpha getting farther and farther away. After sprinting up the stairs into yet another hallway, Stiles fell to the floor, sucking in deep breaths of air. I braced myself against the wall, taking a break from the constant running to breathe.
"Wait do you guys hear that?" Scott held out his hand to stop us from panting so loudly.
"Hear what?" I stood back up, pulling Stiles with me. If it was the alpha we'd have to sprint again and I was not letting him fall behind.
"It sounds like a phone ringing." Scott breathed.
"What? Stiles asked incredulously.
"I know that ring. It's Allison's phone." Scott cried. We shared a terrified look.
"Okay, someone call her!" I blurted. Scott held up his empty hands, as Derek had smashed his phone last week. Stiles reached in his pants, snagging his cell. Scott snatched it and began madly scrolling through his contacts. "This really is becoming a horror movie."