Electricity

"So you're forgiving him for ditching you at a party after bringing you there?" Lydia raised an eyebrow at our brunette friend. Allison smiled slightly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Well yeah. He seems really sorry. And I wasn't ditched he asked his friend to drive me home. You know, the one that's dating India."

I paused mid step. Putting an innocent smile on my face I turned around to see a fuming Lydia with hands on her hips. 

"Boyfriend? Ms. India Parker have you forgotten to tell me something?" She accused.

"I am not dating him. He's just a friend. You know I tell you every guy related escapade of mine, Lydia." I looked her in the eyes, totally truthful. In my book Derek was a friend. He saved Scott last Friday, even though neither party has spoken to me. Scott and Stiles seem to be avoiding me, turning in the other direction the second they spot me. 

"God, I'm sorry! I just assumed you guys were together because I saw you dancing and all the sexual tension oozing from the two of you." Allison laughed. My cheeks blushed pink, something noted under Lydia's watchful eyes. 

"Sexual tension, mm?" The strawberry blonde girl pursed her perfectly glossed lips. Allison quickly left the conversation after seeing the look in Lydia's eyes. With a small wave she headed over to a hopeful Scott who was sitting on a bench near the entrance of the school.

I turned back to Lydia with a small smile on my face. 

"Honestly Lydia, it's nothing. What do you say we ditch lacrosse practice and go get manicures."
She sent me a smirk and grabbed my hand, leaving me trailing behind her as she strolled ahead. 

"Just manicures? If you're making up for not telling me about your new man candy, it's gonna be manicures and some retail therapy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been trying on dresses at Macy's when Lydia got a call from Jackson. Apparently he was in the hospital because "the pea brained, steroid addicted McCall" had hit him a little to hard at practice- separating his shoulder. The entire ride to the hospital, Lydia was complaining about the game Friday night and how Jackass most likely couldn't play in it. While she was rambling I sent a quick text to Scott.

To: Puppy Dog McCall
Hey, I heard about Jacksons shoulder. Did you shift on the field? Are you okay?

When he read it and didn't answer I got a little pissed. The three of us are supposed to be a team but he and Stiles have seemed to totally forget about me.

To: The Spastic One
Scott isn't answering me. Are you okay? I heard about practice.

Stiles read and promptly ignored my text. I angrily shut off my phone and strode into the hospital with Lydia. While she was yelling at the nurses, I sat in one of the uncomfortable chairs they had in the waiting room. 

I've always hated the hospital. It smelled like antiseptic and death. I angrily texted Scott and Stiles a few more times before Jackson finally arrived to the waiting room. He had his arm in a sling and very very angry look on his face. After him and Lydia made out profusely for a couple of minutes the three of us managed to extract ourselves from the hospital. 

"Stupid McCall! This is his fault!" Jackson complained as we got into Lydia's car- me of course stuck in the back. 

"If he loses the game for us on Saturday, I'm going to systematically destroy his social life." Lydia smiled sweetly, but there was venom in her words. She was no doubt serious about her threat, as her status depended on the lacrosse team.