Late Valentine's Day Special

Start from the beginning

"Is she asleep?" The familiar voice questioned as a car door slammed shut before I opened my eyes. Walking up the walkway in a light blue spring dress, I was greeted by a bright smile from Mimi who looked more radiant than the sun. "Alrighty, mama. Let's get going before you waste the day away here sightseeing your front lawn." She laughed as I sighed before turning and locking the door. "I promise, you'll have fun today, sweetheart." She smiled as I followed her to the car before I plopped down into the backseat after a quick struggle. Sighing again, I stared out at the passing gates as they quickly closed behind us before Scar began to speed down the highway.

[~~~]

After spending a few hours with Scar and Mimi at the spa and shopping, they finally decided to take me home. By the time we pulled into the circular driveway of Gabriel's house, it was already dark.

“Thanks for the nice Valentine's day, ladies. I guess now, I'll go change into something comfortable and eat some ice cream until Gabriel gets home.” I stated with a smile on my face as I grabbed my bag before stepping out of the car as they quickly drove off. Turning, I treaded up the small set of red brick stairs before stopping at the door. A warm breeze blew by me as I pulled out my keys, ready to open the door when I noticed it. The large wooden door that was always full of locks was cracked open just a smidgen. Quietly stepping back, I pushed the door open some more as I saw the trail of rose petals leading off pass the stairs. Quickly hurrying inside, I closed and locked the door before setting down the bags and following the trail as it led me down those once dark hallways that were now bright with new bulbs until I was back at the large glass stained double doors. Grasping onto the gold handles of the doors, I pushed them open only to be greeted by Gabriel himself. His jet black hair was slicked back away from his face as his ocean blue eyes peered quietly at my silent state. He wasn't dressed in a black and white tuxedo like some people would expect. He was dressed in a casual sky blue shirt with dark gray jeans on but there were no shoes upon his feet.

"Welcome home, love." He greeted as I quietly closed the doors behind me while still staring him down. There were a whole bunch of traces of hard work done since the staff got the day off today to spend it with their loved ones and lovers. “Are you okay?” He questioned as I started walking towards him.

"Have you been here, at the house, all day?" I questioned as our son started kicking more frequently. Once we were in arms reach of each other, he quietly wrapped his arms around me before pulling me closer into his embrace.

“Yes, well no. I went out somewhere to go and fetch something that I had been waiting months to get… ” He chuckled while squatting down before my stomach. "Hey little fella." He smiled while gently pressing a kiss against my plaid shirt. "Are you hungry?" He questioned while looking up from the floor.

“Yes, very.” I smiled even though his laid back attire made me very suspicious about what he had planned. As he pressed one last kiss against my shirt, he stood up to his full length before grasping my hand and leading me over to the dark gray metal chair near the table. Once he made sure that I was seated and comfortable, he disappeared back into the hallway for a few seconds before popping back out with two trays that both had tops covering them.

“For my lady.” He smiled while sitting one down in front of me as I caught sight of my reflection. For the first time in days, I actually looked quite decent. My light brown curls were pulled up in a messy bun while my chocolate brown eyes looked more than energetic. “And one for myself.” He stated as I zoned back in on our conversation. “Are ya ready to see what your boyfriend cooked??” He questioned while looking at me playfully even though I could sense that there was something off with him. He seemed nervously happy about something and looked as if he was going to pop with excitement.

“Its not going to be burnt, is it?” I questioned with a smile while gripping the handle and pulling it up as he shook his head. “I hope n-” I stopped mid sentence as I stared at the little black box in the middle of the platter surrounded by two red roses. “G-Gabriel.” I whispered, not trusting the hoarseness that had suddenly taken over my voice. He gently swept the box up in his hand before standing up and walking over to my side.

“I know that this might seem tooo sudden and I understand if you no longer wanna be with me, I will always love you. I know that we've had our ups and downs but I'm willing to deal with those problems for the rest of my life because I love you with all of my heart. I want to grow old with you and bet on who will get a cane first.” He stated while making me laugh at his corny joke. “But what I'm trying to say is, will you make me the happiest man in this entire world and become my wife?” He questioned while getting on one knee and opening up the small black box to reveal a silver engagement band. “Trust me, it may look small now, but wait till you see the wedding ring. What do you say?”

“Yes.”