Epilogue

Song of the Chapter: At Home // Crystal Fighters

The Goodbyes
Epilogue

Walking into the beige coffee shop, Annie was overwhelmed with a sensation of happiness. Memories of her cousin and her getting coffee for the first time together rung through her head, as she spotted Allison across the small café, her hair curled and her old smile back.

Finally, Annie saw Allison as the strong, independent girl she was... and she was more than thrilled.

After ordering their cups, the two sat down to discuss different topics before Annie's departure. Allison was sad her cousin had to leave, but understood, because her father and she were taking an extended vacation away from Beacon Hills, too, for the summer.

"I mean, we won't be going to the Bahamas," she joked, smiling as the waitress brought their coffees to their table. She quickly stirred her's and took a long sip, humming in satisfaction before continuing, "It'll be better than here, though," she let out a light light.

Annie nodded in agreement, "I think anything will be better than here," she laughed, before shaking her head. "I just need some time away, you know? Time to clear my head. So much has happened here... too much," she sighed, leaning her head on her hand.

Too much including her breakup with Jackson.

"Well... don't think I don't know how you feel," Allison chimed, understanding both the struggle of losing their Aunt, their mothers, and their boyfriends, all in the past year. "Lydia insists it gets easier though, that I just need a lot of booty calls on speed dial," she giggled along with Annie.

"I'm sure it will hurt less eventually," Annie sighed, twisting her straw in the lid of her drink to produce that unique straw-in-a-lid squeak.

Allison reached across the table and held her cousin's hand in her's, "Listen, I'll talk to everyone. We won't call unless it's crazy important. I swear," Allison told her, nodding. "You deserve some time off, you can't always save everyone all the time, Annie," she gave her cousin a soft smile, squeezing her hand before releasing it and sitting back.

"Thanks, Allie," Annie smiled, taking another swig of her coffee. She let the deliciousness fade down her throat before asking, "So what did happen between you and Scott?"

Allison shrunk back, shrugging nervously, "He, um... He said we were meant to be together."

"Because I know we're meant to be together."

Annie smiled at the strange coincidence and then nodded her head, "Maybe you guys are."

Allison gave her a devilish smirk, chiming, "Maybe... Maybe like another pair I know," she looked up at Annie through her eyelashes.

Annie didn't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that Allison was talking about her and Jackson.

* * *

Isaac took a step up onto the Hale House porch. He examined the strange pattern someone had scraped and burned into the wood, tracing his fingertips over it for good measure. Something was off. Something about it screamed trouble. He quickly turned back to Derek and Peter, watching Isaac as he shook his head, beyond confused.

Peter sighed and a shot a sideways dirty glare at his nephew ten feet away, declaring, "You haven't told him everything yet, have you?"

Derek sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Before he could respond, Isaac's curiosity beat him to it as he rapidly questioned, "What do you mean?"