07: new authority

New Authority
Chapter Seven

Scott walked with Annie and Stiles to his first hour. Morning lacrosse practice had ran late, and Coach excused his players for the beginning of first period.

Scott sighed, "Why would Derek choose Isaac?" Derek, the only Alpha residing in Beacon Hills, chose to give the werewolf bite Isaac, for whatever reason. Was Isaac responsible for his father's murder, lashing out from the werewolf curse? Was Derek guilty? He could had killed Mr. Lahey to get him out of the way, so that'd it'd be easier to get to Isaac.

"Peter told me that if the bite doesn't turn you, it could kill you, and maybe teenagers have a better chance of surviving," Stiles shrugged.

Derek was clearly trying to strengthen his pack, and so far, the known candidates for his team of misfits was Isaac. Annie thought softly of Jackson, wanting to say something, but she bit her tongue, needing to know more. She could be completely wrong about the situation, and just make everything more complicated. That's the last thing they needed, right now. Complications.

Annie scrunched her forehead, "Doesn't being a teenager mean your father can't hold him?"

"Well... not unless they have solid evidence. Or a witness—wait..." Stiles said, turning the corner and grabbing Danny by the back of the shirt. "Danny, where's Jackson?"

Danny pulled free from Stiles, giving him a dirty look, "He's in the principal's office talking to your dad."

Stiles shook his head, "Wait... why?"

Danny raised his eyebrows, "Maybe because he lives across the street from Isaac."

Danny walked away, and Scott turned to Stiles and Annie, "A witness..."

"We gotta get to the principal's office," Stiles said.

Annie sighed, "Well, I work in there... so..."

"HOLY FUCK!" Stiles yelled at the top of his lungs.

Annie covered her face as she walked away, shaking her head, and made her way into the principal's office. Only three seconds later, Mr. Harris opened his door and looked outside with an unbelievable expression on his face.

Stiles pointed at Scott and Scott pointed at Stiles, Mr. Harris rolled his eyes, and pointed to the office where Scott and Stiles happily walked into. Annie watched as the two boys awkwardly strolled in and sat down at the two waiting chairs outside the principal's office. Annie nodded to Angelina who was packing the things on her desk into a box. Annie was confused, but she didn't think much about it.

Jackson sat inside the principal's office, and he felt uncomfortable, but he made sure not to show it. He covered his shaking hands by crossing his arms over his chest, and he sighed, acting as if he was annoyed. The sheriff leaned against a desk, and sighed along with Jackson, "Listen to me, you're telling me that you knew Isaac's father was hitting him?"

"Hitting him?" Jackson snorted, "He was kicking the crap out of him."

"Did you ever say anything to anyone, a teacher, a parent?" Sheriff shook his head.

"Nope," Jackson shrugged, "it's not my problem."

"No, no, of course not," Sheriff nodded. "You know, it's funny that the kids getting beaten up are always the ones who least deserve it."

"Yeah," Jackson nodded sympathetically, then scoffed, "wait... what?"

Sheriff sighed, "Yeah, I think we're done here."

Annie watched as the principal's door opened, and Jackson and the Sheriff walked out. Jackson walked up to the counter, and smirked at Annie.

"Hey," Jackson commented.