chapter 2: Marketing

"So, you got the internship?"

"Yeah, I did! I'm so excited to start later today."

I was sitting outside for lunch with my best friend, Sydney, as we waited for the rest of our group to come.

"You're quite lucky you know, I heard it's a blast working there."

"I heard the word fun and I believe you ladies are talking about me." Syd and I turned to see Ross taking a seat across from us.

"Nothing is fun when it comes to you, you twat."

Syd responded quickly with a serious expression on her face.

"Ooh. that hurts." Ross said as the rest of the group sits around us and begin having small conversations among themselves.

"So Mad, I heard you got the internship at EM! you excited?" My friend Beckah asked.

"Oh please, they let anyone have it." Everyone turned to see Marcy, the biggest bitch alive, heading our way.

"I'm guessing you're not anyone because you didn't get it. Did you?" Everyone "ooo" at Sydney's remark.

"Cute, but actually you little-"

"HEY, LOOK WHO IT IS!"  We all turned to see Ross walking over to some guy who looked scared out of his mind.

"Aw, is someone scared? where are you going? to suck some dick?"

"Ross! that was incredibly rude!" I start walking to over where he was. I saw the guy Ross was making fun of. He was wearing pants all the way up to his stomach, thick black glasses, and a sweater vest. 

"oo, brought me some lunch huh?" He started to take some of the guy's food on his tray.

"H-hey, I-I paid for that." His voice was a bit squeaky, but it had a touch of deepness also.

"What are you gonna do? Cry like a little bitch?"

"Ross, leave him alone."

"Like he'll listen to you."

"Shut up Marcy. No one likes you."

Ross pushed the guy back and made him fall on his butt, his food landing everywhere on the grass.

"Ross, he's done nothing to you, stop!"

Ross turned to me with a serious expression on his face.

"Only for you..beautiful."

"Eat my shit."

Ross begins to walk away from the guy and i start walking towards the guy.

"Hi..are you ok?"

the guy looked up all shy and a bit teary eye.

"Y-yes, I'm fine. I-I gotta g-go"

He stands up and runs inside the building. I hear a bell ring and everyone began to go in.

"Is he ok?" Sydney asked as she handed me my books.

"yeah I think he is..let's just go."

~~~~~

"So as I said before, you're mostly going to be in marketing and music, a little in dance but it depends on the choreographer." Veronica explained to me as we entered the marketing office.

"If you need anything just let me know."

"alright, thank you!"

I took a seat in the empty office, I looked around and saw that everything was neatly coordinated and organized.

"Hiii, oh, I am so sorry for being late. I had a small misfortune at the store before I-"

Everything went silent and it felt like time went slow as I made eye contact with the person.

"You're the guy that Ross was bullying earlier.."

He stayed quiet, fear and shyness running across his face.

"You didn't tell me your name."

"I-I'm Marcel S-styles" He shifted his eyes down to the floor.

"I'm Madison Castillo..I'M the new intern here which means I'm gonna be mostly in this office"

"An i-intern, you say?"

"Yeah,are you one too?"

He looked up at me again. I noticed his eyes were a shade of green.

"I'm actually an employee here. I was hired at 16 since my IQ is high." He relaxed a little and started to set his stuff on what seemed to be his desk.

"I want to apologize for Ross's behavior earlier and I want you to know I'm not going to hurt you in any way."

silence.

"So..Is there anything I can do to help?"

He looked up at me, a curious expression fell on his face.

"Uh,well you can go to the dance room and give this to Leeroy, I know it's not a huge thing but maybe you can become more acquainted with the rest of the employees in the department."

He handed me a bag with a Styrofoam box in it. I walked out to the hallway and decided to follow the music that was flowing through the walls.

"Ok, 5,6,7,8 and 1,2,3,4, clap,spin to the right and lean!"

A guy with blond hair,denim shorts and a pink headband stops and looks at me.

"Oh hi! Are you lost honey?"

"Um,no, I'm here to drop this off for Leeroy. It's from Marcel."

"OMG, are you the new intern I've been hearing about so much? I'm Leeroy, The guy you're looking for and the choreographer of this studio, and a close buddy of Marcel if you haven't noticed already."

"I'm Madison,Nice to meet you." I extended my hand out for a handshake but he refused it and gave me a hug instead.

"None of that proper stuff, I don't mess with it." He took the bag out of my hands and settled it on a chair.

"I told Marcel to bring me some food, since dancing makes you beat at the end of your day. So darling, have you been enjoying yourself here so far?"

A beep came from the ceiling with a voice coming right after it.

"Leeroy Payne, please report to Harvey's office. Leeroy to Harvey's." The voice went silent and an annoyed expression fell upon Leeroy's face.

"Ugh, duty calls. Tell Marcel Thank you for the food and that I will see him later. Goodbye darling!" Leeroy strutted out of the studio and into the hall, I headed back to the marketing office to see Marcel looking over a huge graph.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Looking over some trends that has been seen in the music industry over the years."

I took a seat across from him and wait for another thing to be done.

"Oh! Leeroy said thank you and that he will see you later."

Marcel nodded his head and didn't look up.

"Is he uh.."

Marcel looked up from the graph and busted out laughing.

"He's..not.." He stopped all of a sudden and wondered for a bit.

"Actually, I don't know if he is or not."

We returned to do our own things. I did a couple more errands around the building and before I knew it, My first day was over.

"So..I'll see you around school tomorrow?"

Marcel gazed at me in confusion and his shyness returned.

"S-s-sure."

Just like that, I had met Marcel Styles. The Marketing Guy.

-

Hey! sorry for uploading late, I meant to upload Monday but i didn't finish the chapter until yesterday. If it bored you I'm sorry and I apologize for the grammar mistakes. Chapter 3 will be done soon! thank you :)