Destiny

Destiny - One of my favorite words. It is inevitable fate to which a particular thing or person is destined. We are born with the prefix destiny which no one can change in whole life. It is bound to happen at the fix time during our life. Do you believe in destiny? Ask yourself a question. Some says yes some says no. some are confused. It is a predefined karma we have to pass during our life. But I believe that you can create your own destiny by yourself. For that you shouldn’t believe in destiny shown by any astrologer, and then only you can create your own. Because your mind is free and empty so you can think or be anything you want in your life. Astrologer can predict your future in some way but it is not destined to happen in your life. If I know that I will fail in my exams, it is my destiny to fail in exam I started believing that I will fail, and exact thing will happen. You fail. Not because you did not prepare for your exam well but you have a prefix thought that you are going to fail in exam so you cannot concentrate in your study and bound to fail in exam. Some people also take this in other way that if I know I am going to fail in exam then why to study for that. Destiny implies that there is some power which determines the course of events. In this view there is no chance of choice is left. Some think that destiny is ultimately what you arrive at in your life. For those who believe in destiny, fate is determining cause by which things in general are happened.  If destiny is there, is there anything called choice or chance in our life? No, in destiny there is nothing random no chance or any choice. By definition it is predefined if destiny rules either there is no chance or choice available or even if it is there then they are directed by destiny. Can one call a choice a real choice if it is predetermined by destiny! A predetermined choice is no choice!

A word destiny implies purposeful relationship between cause and effect on a human being. But nobody knows destiny beforehand. The foreknowledge of an event does not exist; astrologers etc. only predict possibilities. One only explains an event by destiny, especially if he cannot find an obvious or purposeful explanation for that. Let us say that there is a railway or an aero plane accident in which almost all passengers die and very few survive with no serious injuries. Persons believing in destiny would claim that destiny of survivors has saved them. And the relations of the deceased may console themselves by attributing the death to their destiny. If a passenger who was supposed to have traveled but due to an inexplicable cause could not travel, his survival may again be claimed as a result of his destiny. Similarly if some person was not expected to travel but did so due to some inexplicable cause his death may again be claimed as a result of his destiny. As per scientific analysis, apart from randomness nothing else can explain the cause of the accident. Therefore destiny is not a matter of choice and chance but it is a matter of faith. Some experiences, like the one quoted above, do appear inexplicable. Most of them can be explained rationally but may not be explained theologically; e.g. in the above quoted accident, it could come out that the accident took place because of a fire in the engine of the aero plane or failure of the signal on the railway track. This is enough explanation for a rational person, but not for a believer in destiny. Such an accident does not logically prove existence of destiny. Difference of opinion on this subject occurs because of use of different meanings of the word. My experience says there is no destiny but choice and chance which decides course of your life and achievement. Life is a stage and we have to play our role, this is quoted by destiny believers. Some says my role is predefined I just have to play it blindly. Not even a leaf can move without a will of God. This means that there is no freedom at all. Some believe that there is karma of our past lives accumulated and whose effect is still not exercised. Astrologers claim to predict future. Most of their predictions are wrong or they are so wonderfully worded that they can be interpreted to suit the final event. Not being a believer in destiny or astrology, I must admit that the astrologer and the faith in destiny are both socially very useful for believers, especially during difficult periods in life. Is a murderer is responsible if murder is destined? Is one responsible for ones actions or not is the most important question, answer to which affects our life seriously. Generally people, who strongly believe in destiny, do not believe in chance. It can be concluded that choice and chance are not involved in any action in our life. But one should not sit on his/her destiny, it will not happen automatically. You get what you think, you become what you think. So it is very much essential to think positive in life. Something good happen or we get something what we want then we will say it is a result of our hard work and efforts, other way if something bad or unfavorable happens then we blame it to our destiny which is wrong.

Take holds on your own life, create your own destiny…. or live a life without any choice of yours…. How helpless, no???

Actions are the seed of fate deeds grow into destiny.