For Better or For Worse

Chapt 1:

Emoni P.O.V

      "Wake Your Ass Up Bitch" ..... I wake up to the sound of my mother yelling at me again like always. I rolled out of bed onto the floor, my legs we're weak from the fight we had last night.

*Flashback*

I was reading and texting this girl I had a crush on only to be snatched up by my dreads. My mom busted into my room as fear ran over my body. "Who The Fuck You Texting!?!" she yelled. "J-Ja-Jaz..." I replied stuttering more than normal. "And Who Is That!?!" she asked as she side eyed my face down iPhone 5. "Shes a friend" I said plainly knowing what she was going to say next. "And shes gay huh?" she said chuckling like there was something funny. "Nope but whats wrong with gay people." I lied ."Nothing just you know you going through your little phase." "Ugh you are such a hypocrite its okay for you to be bi-sexual but then when it comes to me being gay or dating studs you wanna get all christian and goody goody and say its wrong but your the one that leaves me at n-" before I could finish she punched me in the mouth busting my lip as rose red blood started to leak onto my turquoise carpet. I couldn't take it anymore I started swinging and pushed her into a wall. When she gave up she left out my room in rage slamming my door behind her. I began to cry as I walked to my closet grabbing my blade I had hid on the top left side of the shelf. Watching the rose red blood drip down my wrist brought back memory's of when my dad went to jail. I soon fell into a deep sleep looking at all the handkerchiefs he had sent me and reading the letters we exchanged.

*End Of Flashback*

      I did my hygiene and started getting ready for school. I walked by my mother not saying a word as she sat at the island smoking her probably 6th cigarette of the morning. As soon as I was about to walk out she banged my head against the door causing my head to bleed. "So you don't say goodmorning or nothing anymore selfish ass bitch get out before you be late." With that I left thinking of another excuse like every other day I had to. I arrive at school only to be greeted by people starring as always and my bestfriend running into me. We had all the same classes which means we walked everywhere together.

      My day went by pretty quick except for all the questions about the bleeding and bruises I said whatever came to my mind first which was that I fell off my bed and when I was playing ball I fell a couple times. People seemed to kind of believe it but it was now the end of the day and instead of going home I took my daily walk deciding to go visit my abuela(grandmother). She died when I was 13, but I never knew how or from what. 

      As I walked upto the church making my way to her grave, the memory's started to come back as warm tears began to roll down my left cheek. I sat infront of her gravestone that read "In Loving Memory Ma Moo 11/18/24 - 9/20/14" In big letters. I would always come to her venting because I know she's listening.

      "Hey Good Afternoon Abuela, I Think About You All The Time. Today My Day Was Alright But Mom's Hit Me Again Im Sorry I Couldn't Take It Anymore I Fought Back. I Feel Like My Life Is Going Down Hill Since You Left. But I Still Remember Your Words That Replay All The Time." "Baby Girl Pick Your Head Up Everything Is Going To Get Better, Your Going To Become Something And Do Wonders Proving Everyone Thats Doubting You And Still Is Wrong. Just Do Me A Favor Sweetie And Make Me Proud But Not Just For Me You Got To Live For Yourself Alright Baby I Believe In You So Now You Have To Believe In Yourself For Better or For Worse Sweetie. Make Sure You Find Someone Good Too No Rushing Alright." Aha I Remember Your Words Like It Was Yesterday But I Have 3 A+'s And 2 B+'s And Im Still Doing Sports. I Get To Be Captain Of The Cross Country And Track && Field Teams Next Year Im Really Happy And Also....I Like This Girl She Use To Come To My School But The Thing Is Shes 5 Yrs Older Than Me. We Decided To Be Really Good Friends For Now Till Im 17 or 18 And See How It Goes From There. I Think You Would've Liked Her Shes Really Sweet, Always There When I Need Her, The Most Honest Person I Know And Helps Me Through My Obstacles. Ugh I Miss You So Much Abuela...Ill See You Tomorrow..."

I kissed her gravestone and stood up taking one more glance before walking off home.