Happily Ever After

Eren's POV

The day of the final expedition approached fast. In a way I was relieved we found their weakness and could destroy them . Hanji said it didn't affect humans right ? but what about the titan shifters ? Entranced by my thoughts , I didn't  see Hanji walking towards me . Gloom evident on her face as a bright, blaring warning .

" Eren "

" Oh Hey Hanji , didn't see you there "

"Eren I have something very important to tell you , its about the mission , I couldn't tell Levi because he'd flip out "

"It's Ok go on " I replied confused as to why Heichou wasn't told , and what would be so important to make him "flip out" as Hanji had phrased it.

She sighed heavily before continuing
" Eren we need a titan to infiltrate the cave , humans can't , so you're going to have to set the poison off . if you don't get out in the span of 5 seconds the poison will spread and eventually kill you " she looked up
Noticing the corners of her eyes swiftly glazing with soon to fall tears I smiled, tilting my head , I  used my thumbs to wipe off her tears. 
"It's ok hanji I'll do it "
I reassured the worried commander.
I hated seeing hanji weep . It hurt ... A lot .
"Don't worry" I reassured her , bringing her in for a hug before walking by .
"I'm not going to say goodbye because i WONT die ... So hanji... I'll see you again" I said momentarily stopping but not turning around. relieved to hear no sobs or cries I continued my trek down the dust-free immense corridor. However I didn't walk far before I heard .
" THATS A PROMISE MY LITTLE TITAN!"
Echoing throughout the immense passage.

So Levi.
That's what she did not want him to know . Meaning I shouldn't tell him either . I had no intention too , wether she told me to relay the message or not. Levi doesn't need to know.

Time skip

It was a few minutes before we had to saddle up and go outside the walls. A few minutes before the finale , the end , the conclusion. The nausea and nerves already peeking their ugly heads around the corner .
'It's worth risking myself if humanity will finally be free of the virus known as titans.'I mentally encouraged myself.

*knock knock*

" Come in " he said. I'll surely miss him . I'll surely miss Levi. When I came in he was putting on his jacket before turning to look at me .

" Hey brat " he said as I moved closer . A calm walk  eventually faded into sprint towards him , colliding my head with his back . Snaking my arms one last time around his small stature . Plunging my nose into his shoulder like a crying infant, I savoured his tea smell knowing it would be the last time I'd ever smell it. I ran my fingers through his silky black hair one last time , internally praising him for keeping his hair in perfect shape despite the awful toiletries present in the immense castle.

" Why so affectionate ?"he quizzed pulling away , taking his warmth and my bliss away with him.I just shrugged off the question not wanting to break down into tears , if I did cry he'd   know something was up. Be that as it may , I don't have to die , I can make it out in one piece , happy and unharmed. I could .... Couldn't I ?

" It's your birthday tomorrow isn't it ?"  he sighed and inquired.

" Yeah " I said  remembering it was indeed March 30Th tomorrow . 'I'm sorry but your going have to celebrate without me Levi'
I thought. The truth is ...no , I can't make it out alive.
"  We'll do something special to celebrate " he said flashing me a smile

" sure " I replied joyfully.

'I'm sorry levi'

...........

"Let's go." I took a deep breath as I mounted my horse . The gate ominously opened and we rode out .the sound of the synchronised hooves being the only audio alongside the melodic wind. The sun beat down in a comforting warmth and the wind stroked our backs and faces with calm gentle hands reassuring everyone of their safety. It was a lie. The weathers cheerfully played our hopes to their sadistic desires , the sun promising to shine again , the wind vowing to sing its tranquil tune repeatedly , yet they all lies. In about no time we had gotten to the mouth of the cave . To the home and birthplace of the Titans . The front was like any cave mouth with stalagmites and stalactites dotting the top and bottom. The actual lair was under ground but the Titans that were born had to crawl out this hole. In a way we were boldly entering through the front door.

Hanji rode close to me and gave the poison shaped like a bomb . I looked around to make sure Levi was occupied and started towards the heart of the cave . I turned around and saw Hanji flashing a smile to me .

' good luck ' she mouthed .

I smiled one last time. However I couldn't hold the tear.
'Tsk ! YOU IDIOT .' I thought

Her expression immediately changed as I rode deeper into the cave , the front was now guarded by hordes of Titans. Each lurching to eat. To be amused.  To play.
Luckily all the inner Titans rushed to the front to join in the already bloody massacre like school boys huddling together to play marbles.

'Goodbye Mikasa'

'Goodbye Armin'

'Goodbye Horseface'

'Goodbye Hanji'

'See you soon , Marco' I mentally said goodbye to everyone I've met and hoped they'd not grieve whilst I activated the poison.
5...............

4............

3........

2.....

1....

'I love you , Levi '