"Anyway, I don't think we have time for this. I need to think how to make Aahil not lose his dream." She added before stepping outside the room.

I just wish I knew how to make everything right. I can't bear the thought of losing you like I felt when you fell ill few months back.

*Mridula Pov*

"What took you so long?" Tajwar asked the moment I stepped inside the room after clearing everything in the dining area.

"I was just talking to Aahil." I replied, frowning to myself thinking I may have talked too much stepping out of my line.

I have already stopped serving him the food for all these weeks feeling the anger on him, and now I talked whatever came to my mind.

"I can't believe that Nipuna is going to do that to him." I heard Tajwar's voice and felt him hugging me from behind.

"I too can't believe it." I mumbled honestly, and I feel there is so much to it.

"Do you know I am really glad that you are my wife?" he asked and I slowly felt a grin covering my face and immediately turned around to look at him.

"What?" I asked him composing my grin but not my smile.

"Yes! You understand me so much, Mridula. If there was any other girl, then she wouldn't have understood my love for someone else and would have made some huge nuisance or something like Nipuna is going to do." He replied and walked near to the coffee table for the water glass while I felt the smile slip away from my face.

"And I am glad Mom didn't select a girl as my wife based on the characteristics needed to be part of this family. They would expect so much from others. I would have never felt free with that mindset." He continued, and I grasped the dressing table with my hands from behind feeling my legs going weak.

"So, I would like to say thanks for understanding my situation." He said smiling at me, and I started walking towards the door not showing him my face.

"Where are you going?" he asked in a confused tone.

"I have some work in the kitchen." I replied, leaving the room and rushed downstairs, but stopped seeing Aunty sitting on the couch rubbing her forehead.

She glanced at me and was about to say something, but stopped hearing the phone ring. I lifted it as I was near to it and mumbled a hello.

"Mridula? Thank god it is you who lifted the phone." I heard Dileep mumbling, making me frown at his words.

"Dileep?" I asked in a surprise tone, and Aunty immediately walked near to me before putting the phone on speaker mode.

I wanted to intimate him about it, but my mind just went numb, and I stood in silence. I glanced at Aunty, who is looking at the phone frowning.

"I don't know what I talked to you a few days back, but I am really sorry. I was... I was just feeling a little insecure as Amrin went to Goa. The Tanmai guy she knows is an amazing one while I hurt her so many times. I suddenly got thoughts like she will not come back to me, so I got a little drunk just for that day." He continued to explain and sighed.

"But she is coming tomorrow morning, Mridula. And I am going to propose her." He said in a happy tone making Aunty wide her eyes in surprise while I felt happy for him.

"I just hope she accepts because I can't live without her. I never loved anyone before, and I will not love anyone after her." He said in a determined voice, and I stepped back a little hearing them.

"All the best." I mumbled and hung up not knowing what else to say while Aunty paced in front of me.

"He is going to propose her? Does he think I will just accept all this? One side that Nipuna is going to ruin Aahil and here some girl is ready to do the same for Dileep. Nipuna can be accepted if we keep the rivalry aside, but how can Amrin be suitable for this family." She continued to talk, and I felt Tajwar's words ringing along with hers.