2

The lilac haired boy woke up to the sound of the microphones blairing around the whole school. And when he paid attention, he only heard half of what he was supposed to.

So he got up and brushed his teeth in the bathroom down the hall along with a few other girls named Tiffany and Eunji.

He then went back into his room to find Hyuna holding his uniform in the air.

"This will be your uniform. Now put it on and I'll show you around the school and tell you the school's so called traditions and shit." Taehyung nodded at her and she left so he could change.

Taehyung put his uniform on and didn't know what to expect anymore as he stared at himself. It was noticeably 'girly' compared to what Taehyung saw the other male students from different districts wear. Frowing, he changed into the uniform anyway.

When he got out of the room, the girl was waiting for him, tapping her red high heeled shoes on the ground.

"Took you long enough. Were skipping breakfast because thats not the most important thing right now." And he he thought that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.

With that, she guilded him out the door to the hugest building he ever layed eyes on.

"First, this is actually the school," she said as she and him stepped inside. "This is where they teach magic." She pointed to the nearest door on the left, motioning him to come inside.

"Why is it so big?" Taehyung asked as he stared at the massive room filled with chairs and long desks.

"That's because each class contains at least 1/6 the whole population of the school." Taehyung's eyes widen more at the thought of many students all together. Would all be bunched up together or....?

"Okay let's go now."

And he let Hyuna take him to....the door?

"But what about the other rooms?" He asked confused. Was the school too much of a bore, although he doubted it.

"They have names on them and there not that important," she said with a shrug leading Taehyung to wonder what kind of things did she even consider important. She then led him to a small picnic table outside where she motioned him to sit.

"I want you to remember these things I'm going to tell you. This school isn't normal. It teaches you magic and skills for survival." She then paused, possibly contemplating whether she should say the next sentence or not.

"You should be careful of other people, because unlike normal schools, this one doesn't give a shit. And if you end up dead, they probably wouldn't even notice. So rule one is to stay alive. Got that?" He shook his head yes in response.

Of course it is, It always is....

"Rule number two is to stay at the top. Being in the middle is risky and being in the bottom would make your life here a living hell. But I don't think being on top will be much of a problem for you. Judging by your looks, you could be mistaken for a super model, or idol, or whatever the fuck is considered beautiful."

Taehyung raised a hand up to pause her. "What happens to the people down the bottom?"

And Hyuna's eyes flashed dark at the question, miserable aura around her.

"They get tortured Tae, tortured. They are treated as slaves who've no right to live. And they can't do anything about it. You would be better off dead than being at the bottom."

Taehyung shivered a bit at the cruel life they had to endure. Nobody deserved to be treated like animals; scratch that. Animals get treated better than that. But he still wondered what they could've done wrong to be treated as such.

She must've known what he was wondering because the next words that came out of her mouth, shocked him deeply.

"They are at the bottom.....because nobody likes them." His eyes narrow in disbelief at how petty the reason sounded.

She then motioned him to come closer as she pointed to another girl across the field.

"You see that girl over there?" Taehyung saw a tall, I-used-to-be-pretty looking girl with an anguishing face, as if she had to face a death penalty for breaking the law, and nodded.

"That's Lee Sunjee, one of the Ferus's. She used to be at the top, until she lost to another girl in the Hitus District. The leader of the Ferus District stripped her of her rank and marred her face to become ugly for bringing their strong 'honor' to shame. People only liked her for her beauty and strength. Now she has no power, nor beauty. All because she was defeated by her districts most hated enemy. And now all she does to this day is to run errands for higher people in Ferus, occasionally getting beat up for no reason."

And Hyuna switched back to her normal look as Taehyung sat back down.

"But enough of that story. We have to let bygones be bygones, and believe me, I had to learn that the hard way." She said, shivering with a deep scowl.

As Taehyung listened to more if her advice, he started to feel more scared by the second.

"Okay, okay. So your saying that anybody in Qote would not hesitate to kill me for the littlest things?" And she nodded a yes at his question.

"That's....this is.....everything about this school is fucked up." He whispered quietly, being precautious for many reasons. So he learned a fe-ALOT of things while talking to the girl.

There were many rules; dont pick fights with other districts, dont talk to the bottoms, dont get involved with the bottoms, yada yada yada.

But even with all the advice, he still had a question lingering in the back of his head. He decided to let his curiousity free for a moment, only because he knew he would find out eventually. There was no use delaying anything at a dangerous place.

"What kind of power does the Eros District have?"

The girl's face paled a bit at the question as she looked away shame.

"It's...it's a bit weak. And it's unique, but....worthless." She said hesitating for a few moments before continuing.

"We have emotions and looks." She finally said with a pout on her face. And Taehyung suddenly got the feeling that she felt disapointed at what she had. And he couldn't blame her either. After all, he had expected something else. Something like fire, or maybe even ice. But he had ended up being an Aphrodite instead.

"I was pretty disappointed too when I had found out. But look on the bright side, we wouldn't need to worry over silly everyday problems like who were going to ask to the prom, or if this piece of clothing will look good on me or not." She had a point there he thought.

Taehyung and Hyuna sat there the whole day talking about hiw things worked, and he grows more frightened by the school the more he knew. The place was literally the only place Iin the world he knew where you could kill or enslave a person and get away with it. Although Hyuna told him he was 'safe', he wasn't so sure when he heard if other stories of miserable students that couldn't have a decent life until they graduated from the school.

And at last, night befell them and Hyuna goes back inside, leaving Taehyung to think to himself after he reassured that he would be alright.

I'm sorry....