Chapter 11- Patronus

CHAPTER 11

PATRONUS

Ron and Harry were angry with Hermione, I don’t blame them tough, I would have been pretty pissed off to… but she’s still mad at me. Besides Hermione still thought she had acted for the best and she started avoiding the Common Room. The rest of the school returned after New Year so I wasn’t so lonely anymore.

I heard Oliver whispering in Harry’s ear and looked confused at Ron.

“I’m working on it,” said Harry, “Professor Lupin said he’d train me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting next week. He’d said he’d have me after Christmas. Right Ash?”

“Mhm.” I nodded.

“Ah,” said Oliver, “Well, in that case – I really didn’t want to lose you as a Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?”

“No,”

“What! You’d better get a move on, you know – you can’t ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!”

“He’s got a Firebolt for Christmas,” said Ron.

“A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A – a real Firebolt?”

“Don’t get exited, Oliver,” said Harry gloomily, “I haven’t got it anymore. It was confiscated. Hermione thought it was weird that I had gotten it without a card, so she told McGonagall and she took it to check if it’s jinxed or something.”

“Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?”

“Sirius Black,” said Harry wearily, I flinched, “He’s supposed to be after me, So McGonagall reckons he might have sent it.”

“But Black couldn’t have bought a Firebolt! He’s on the run! The whole country is on the lookout for him! How could he just walk into Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a broomstick?”

“I know,” said Harry, “But McGonagall still wants to strip it down-“

“I’ll go and talk to her Harry,” He promised, “I’ll make her see reason… A Firebolt… a real Firebolt, on our team… She wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do… I’ll make her see sense. A Firebolt…”

“Oliver, you look like a crazy person… stop that,” I said smiling mockingly.

He sent me a glare before realizing I was joking and laughing silently.

Classes started next day. Hagrid had provided a bonfire full of salamanders for our enjoyment, and we had a surprisingly good lesson collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire burning. The first Divination Lesson was horrible; insect woman was now showing us palmistry, and she told Harry he had the shortest lifeline he’d ever seen. Way to ruin his day.

Harry seemed anxious about Defense Against the Dark Arts since he was exited about the anti-Dementors thingy. I was exited too… but not THAT exited.

“Ah yes,” Said Lupin when we reminded him about it at the end of class. “Let me see… how about eight o’ clock on Thursday evening? The History of magic classroom should be large enough… I’ll have to think carefully about how we’re going to do this… We can’t bring a real Dementor into the castle to practice on…”

“Still looks ill doesn’t he?” said Ron as we walked down the corridor, heading to dinner. “What do you reckon’s the matter with him?”

There was a large impatient “tuh” from behind us. It was Hermione, who has been sitting at the feet of a suit of armor, repacking her bag, which was so full of books it wouldn’t close.