Chapter 1:What Have You Done!

This is my first attempted at a story so please go easy on me. I apologize in advance for any grammar problems; it's not my strong point. Depending on the response I get by the fourth chapter or so will determine weather or not I continue this story. Constructive criticism is welcome but flames will be ecnord.

XXX

Disclaimer- I own nothing :(

XXX

Sarutobi Hiruzen the Sandaime Hokage of Konoha was not happy. He should have known that something would happen, it always did, but on this particular day of the year it was always the worst. He thought he could trust his ANBU, he thought his could trust most of his council, but after this he just didn't know who he could trust anymore.

Making his way down the hospital corridor to a special room set aside for when something like this happened, sending nurses and doctors alike to their knees at his barley contained killing intent, he could feel his temper rise more and more at just the thought.

Flashback

Sarutobi was bored, sat in yet another boring council meeting that seemed to have nothing to do with him.

All they were talking about was civilian affairs, nothing to do with shinobi. He looked around at all the people present, the civilian council, thirty of the most annoying people in the world, that just seemed to blend into each other, nothing really standing out.

The shinobi council however was made up of all the clan heads of Konoha, the Aburame, Akimichi, Hyuuga, Inuzuka, Nara, Yamanaka and of course his own clan the Sarutobi.

Then there were the village elders, Homura, Koharu and Danzo, his old teammates and former best friend. Over the years they had become more and more distant. They still talked, but it was always about village affairs.

He felt a pang of regret for that. They used to be the best of friends, but now it was like they were strangers.

It was then that he noticed for the first time that all of the civilian council seemed nervous. He picked up all the little things, the way that some of them kept looking from the clock to him, the nervous whispers between two or three council members and the fact that they all seemed to be sweating.

His warning bell was screaming. Something was wrong terribly wrong.

Then it hit him.

The room suddenly became very quiet. All eyes in the room shot to the old Hokage in fear. His killing intent seemed to become visible as a dark aura surrounded him. Slowly, he started to stand up, his head lowered.

"What have you done?" he asked in a whisper.

Everyone in the room suddenly stopped what they were doing, all turning their full attention to the old Hokage.

They could barely hear what he said. Even the shinobi had to strain their ears.

Everything in the room was quiet. Nobody wanting to be the first to break the silence that seemed to have spread around the room.

Holding all those inside the room, squeezing their chest and stealing their words before they could even think of what to say.

Surprisingly it was one of the civilian council that broke the silence. He looked like any other middle-aged civilian, short brown hair, brown eyes and wearing a simple grey kimono. He stood up slowly, carefully, as if he was scared of making any sudden movements.

"W-w-what d-do y-y-y-you mean?" He stuttered out, and by the end of his question he was shaking.

"...did you think I wouldn't notice? Did you think I wouldn't realize something was going on? I may be old but I am not senile yet. Now. Tell. Me. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"