The Run Down (MUST READ)

Hey! So I am guessing you are reading this if you want to be a part of this book club

Hey! So I am guessing you are reading this if you want to be a part of this book club. Let me just give a quick run down of how this whole book club will work. And PLEASE read all of this, this is not your usual book club. For this club to run as smoothly as possible everyone needs to know how it works.

How groups will be made.

When I have a certain amount of members who want to join (preferably 15) I'll separate them all into groups 3 people based on genres that relate to each other. For example, teen fiction may be grouped with romance, humor, and chick-lit books. SciFi may be grouped with action and fantasy, while paranormal may be grouped with action and mystery thriller. You don't need to worry much about grouping, but if the group you're in really bothers you, just message this account and we can work something out.

Here is how one week of this book club will go.

Before you read this, I will be posting a new part in this book every week so people know what they are reading. I am trying to make this as simple as possible.

Let's say in one group we have four members, we'll name them 1, 2, 3, and 4. On week one, 1 will read 2, 3, and 4's first chapter. 2 will read 1, 3, and 4's first chapter. 3 will read 1, 2, and 4's first chapter and so on. On week two, 1 will read 2, 3, and 4's second chapter, 2 will read 1, 3, and 4's second chapter and so on. I think you get the point. So ultimately in one week, you will read 3 or 2 chapters, it depends on the amount of people in your group.

I set this book club like this because...

I set this book club like this because you get more than just a few critiques on your first chapters, this way you will get critiques on your recent chapters also. This is also great for people who need beta readers for their finished novel. Your book does NOT need to be finished to be in this book club.

How book's of the week are chosen (BOW)

So, here's how the book of the week is going work. Every four weeks  (so on week 4, week 8, week 12, and so on...) I will ask what books you've been enjoying the most so far in the book club. But don't just comment it, private message this account and tell me which book you've been enjoying the most. This is to avoid any conflict between members. So at the end of week four, I'll take all the response and take the most chosen ones will be put in a raffle and I'll choose from them randomly. Your book cannot be chosen for BOW two times in a row, I'll be trying to make sure everyone gets a chance. If you're sitll confused, don't worry, I'll explain a little more when the time comes. 

Here are scenarios that may occur in your group and the solutions to them.

1. Let's say it is week five of the book club and you find out that a member of your group has no more chapters for you to read. Here's what you do: skip over them. If that member happens to update during week five, then in week six you read their latest chapter.

2. So it's week seven and you've read every chapter of your partners books and you have nothing to read for the week. No, you are not free, there is a community library! (I explain what this is in the next heading) Yay! Here you will choose a book that looks appealing to you and read three chapters and critique that book. Hopefully, by the next week at least, two of your partners have updated so everyone has something to read, if not, you continue with the community book you chose.

3. So this scenario has to do with the community library again. So let's say there is four people in your book. We'll use 1, 2, 3, and 4 again. Let's say 1, 2, and 3 have not updated their books yet but 4 has. 1, 2, and 3 will read the 4's chapter but 4 will have to read 1 chapter of a community library book because all of their members haven't updated yet. If this all seems confusing to you it's fine, I will tell you when you need to choose a community library book.

What is the community library?

So after all this talk about the community library, you're probably wondering what it is. The community library will be a group of books from our members. (read the next heading to find out how to apply) For example, let's say you have two books that you want feedback. Out of the two books choose the one you want feedback on the most. This will be your main book. That is the book that will be critiqued by your GROUP members. The second book that you apply will be a community library book. Now there is not guarantee that this book will be critiqued, because I am letting people choose what book they want to read from the community library. The only book guaranteed critiques is your main book. Also if you have read this chapter, comment "read" below. If you cannot comment then private message me. This is to make sure everyone's read this chapter.

Want to apply for community library?

So in this book club I don't want to be too demanding and I want to give people freedom so you are not always forced to do something. To sign up for the community library, in your form tell me another book that you have that you'd like to be put in this library. There is a section for this, and you can enter more than one book for the community library.

So...

So if you are interested in joining this book club, read on. If you have questions related to the topics above, comment them here.