Those words really hit me. That was something I wish someone had told me a long time ago. She was right, I mean why shouldn't I just quit dance and do something I'm way more passionate about? I've been dancing my whole life and felt like it was an obligation ever since high school started. I've lost the love for it.

    I only kept going because I didn't want to upset Normani. But I can tell she notices that my love for dance had vanished a while ago. We barely ever talk about it and when we do she's always the one to bring it up and I try to ignore her. Not to be rude or anything but I just don't like talking about it.

    She notices it at rehearsal too. This year is especially bad as I'm always late, sometimes never show up, and half ass everything. I don't put in the right amount of effort as I should and Normani and even our coach scold me for it.

    "You're absolutely right," I finally said still looking down. "I'm not doing dance because I love it, it's just because I feel like I have to. And to be honest Mani can tell that I'm not into it anymore," I explained.

    "Just think about it, Lauren. You don't have to keep torturing yourself by dancing till you can quit after graduation. You can be set free now," she smiled at that last remark.

    I nodded smirking at her. "But who's gonna fill my spot as co-captain?" I asked realizing that there were no other captains besides Normani and I. "If I quit, Normani won't have someone to lead the team with. She would be so stressed if she had to do it on her own."

    "I'm sure someone else is good enough to lead it with her," Camila began. "Someone like...Dinah?"

    "Dinah as co-captain?" I was a little taken back by her words. I knew Dinah was an amazing dancer but could she really take on the team with Normani?

    "Yeah, I mean she kinda talks to me about it sometimes. She notices how much you don't care for the team anymore and thinks about replacing you as co-captain if you ever quit," Camila confessed.

    "Really? Wow," I sighed.

    I never knew Dinah felt like that. Now, I felt worse. Dinah deserved my position more than I did and she even knew that. She would be a way better co-captain and sometimes I even thought she was a better dancer than me overall. Her attitude was always positive, she put 100% into every routine, never missed rehearsal, and encouraged the other dancers, teaching them more than I ever did. Why didn't I quit a long time ago?

    "She's actually a lot more fit to be co-captain than me to be honest," I started, "I have to talk to her and Normani about this as soon as possible. Well...after our date of course," I smiled.

    "Good idea," Camila grinned. "Great, now that we got that out of the way, let's enjoy the rest of the evening."

    Our discussion ended and our food arrived shortly after. We dug into the steak and lobster, savoring the taste of the delicious meal. We talked some more about life in general, our favorite things, least favorite things, worst fears, where we see ourselves in the future, etc. After we finished it was time to go to the theater and watch the show.

    Once the musical began and the curtain opened up, I noticed Camila shivering a bit. Theaters could always be cold and since she left her jacket in the car, I gave her mine.

    "Thanks," she whispered kissing cheek. My cheeks instantly flushed and butterflies filled my tummy as she reached to hold my hand interlacing our fingers. I froze a bit since this was our first time holding hands together. I was more confident in my decision to ask her to my girlfriend later.

    The show ended up being spectacular. Everything about it was very good, the story, the characters, the score. After it ended, Camila and I couldn't stop talking about it as it became one of our favorite musicals. We walked out of the theater with big smiles on our faces still holding each other's hands.

    Once we got into the car I synced my phone to the stereo playing my show tune playlists. We belted each song out loudly the whole ride home. That girl can really hit those notes I'm confident she'll get a good part in Les Mis, I thought.We pulled into Camila's drive way and at this point, my nerves were at an all time high. This was it.

    "So..." I started putting my car in park and turning to the lovely brunette.

    "So..." she giggled.

    "First of all, I had an amazing time with you tonight. The show was great and seeing it with you made it even better," I flirted causing her to blush and roll her eyes. "There's also something that I wanna ask you if that's okay?"

    "Of course," she said softly.

    "Well, I know we've only been on one date and it may seem fast but we've been already kind of seeing each other for two months and...I'm starting to fall for you, Camz. Like really hard," I explained in a low tone fumbling with my hands.

    "Lauren...wow," she sighed looking down.

    Shit, was that a good wow or bad?

    "I'll admit it," she said smiling and still looking away from me then meeting my eyes, "I'm falling for you too," she whispered.

    "Wait really?" It was a good wow!

    "Yeah, I mean I have liked you ever since I met you after all and I haven't stopped," she blushed.

    "Me neither," I said quietly.

    "Seriously, you have made me feel so welcomed here and I can't thank you enough. You and your friends. I'm just really lucky to have you in my life and I can't help but have such strong feelings for you."

    "And I'm so lucky that you came into my life. You make me so incredibly happy, Camz. I never liked someone so much before and I really want to see where this could go...beyond friendship. Do you think we could...like be together?" I asked nervously shaking.

    "Like make it official?"

    My palms were sweating and my heart was pounding. "Yeah," I whispered. "Wi-will you be my girlfriend, Camila?" I stuttered. I swore I was gonna faint right there and then.

    "Yes," she whispered smiling and my heart exploded.

    The next thing I knew she grabbed my face and our lips met into a kiss. Our lips moved together passionately and I licked her bottom lip asking for the entrance she granted me. She moaned into my mouth encouraging me to rest my hand on the back of her neck playing with her hair. Camila moved her hands from my face to hook them around my neck.

    She fell back a little into her seat closing the space between us even more as I was almost lying on top of her. I moved my lips from hers to kiss further down along her jaw and then to her neck. Another moan escaped her lips and I never heard anything more sexy in my life.

     I kissed her neck passionately but didn't suck on the smooth skin in order to not leave a mark. Her hands were in my hair stroking my scalp turning me more on by the minute. But I pulled away knowing it wouldn't be right to go any further. I vowed to have more self control and I refused to take advantage of Camila. I looked into the brown orbs lovingly still not believing this beautiful girl was finally mine. She looked back giving me the most gorgeous smile I've ever seen. I finally have a girlfriend again and I'm going to be the best I can for her.

    "I know that I literally just asked you out, but I'm just so glad to have you," I whispered.

    "I am too, Laur. In fact, I felt like I was yours long before tonight."

    My heart swelled at that. Could she be any more perfect?

    "In my mind you were, you still are. And I felt like I was always yours," I said sweetly.

    "Still are," Camila smiled.

    After a few minutes of staring and giggling, we decided to call it a night. I walked Camila up to her door and gave her a final goodnight kiss. As I drove home, I couldn't stop smiling at what just happened. Camila was my girlfriend and there was nothing I could have ever wanted more than that.