Part XX- The End?

A silence filled the room, a silence that burst with questions.

"So that is why Bilbo had to leave." Elanor said.

I nodded, "Yes, True to his word Elrond did all he could."

"Mr. Frodo too." The child on the floor said.

I again nodded. My mind flashed back to the day Bilbo and Frodo left us forever. My heart seemed to break a bit that day and it has never fully mended.

"I understand why Frodo left out that part of the story." Rosy commented.

"He didn't think it right to add it in. After all, Frodo knew what it was like to lose all willpower with the Ring."

"Did Bilbo really almost kill you?" The one on my lap asked, eyes wide as dinner plates.

I let out a laugh, "He might have, if not for Aragorn."

"Now that I know the whole story, I don't blame Frodo as much." Elanor  stated.

"How's that?" I asked

"When you used to read that to us, honestly I always thought Frodo was-" She stopped.

"Go on." I encouraged.

"I always thought you were the real hero." She finished.

"We were all heroes in a way. Frodo was a hero for his courage to stand up and say 'I will take the Ring to Mordor'.  Even more so that the Ring already had a hold on him."

I sat smiling while my dear family thought about what I had said. Frodo was a brave hobbit, and one who I admire, even to this day. He was my friend. He is my friend.

"I want to hear more about Sam."

I stood, startled at the voice. I knew that voice. I quickly turn to see who it was. And there, standing in the doorway, leaning on the door post with a smile, was one I'd thought I never see again.

Through tears of joy I exclaimed in a whisper, "Mr. Frodo!"

THE END!

Authors note on next page