Chapter Fifteen: Blood

Start from the beginning

"How do you know?" she asked.

"I can smell the rot of your wings," he said. "Once they fully turn black though, you'll be distinguished by a demon smell." Her heart dropped and she didn't know what to say.

Catharine suddenly turned angry. Everything had swirled together in her mind and it all made sense. She was being punished. She was being punished by a God she didn't even think about- didn't even believe. "What is Desmond and how do you kill him?" she repeated Xavier's question.

She wanted to make sure she did something good. She wanted to prove she was good.

"He is a pestilence. Created for my own enjoyment and benefit. The only way he dies if he drinks dark angel blood," replied Barbas.

"Seriously?" Xavier peeped.

"Well, I can't have my own creation coming after and eating it's master."

"So how are we supposed to get him to ingest dark angel blood?" he questioned.

"That's on you. But it won't be easy, he can smell it, so he won't drink it willingly."

"And how do we get dark angel's blood?"

Barbas put the cigarette in his lips and then looks at Catharine, "her blood will do."

Xavier and Catharine looked at each other nervously and when they looked back to continue their conversation, Barbas was gone. "Damn it," he mumbled. "Well that's the downside to not having him in the demon circle."

"It's okay, we need to find a way to kill Desmond," Catharine said.

He nodded and pulled his phone from his pocket waking Fee and Lo, telling them he was going back to the house so that they could come up with a plan.

They had spent the morning talking it over and Fee had the idea of filling bullets with Catharine's blood. Then after calling Will they had come up with a plan that would start at dusk.

When the time had came they all parked at the end of the street and walked up the driveway. Though as they got closer they started getting attacked by beasts and monsters coming at them. That they hadn't expected this.

"Catharine!" Fee yelled shoving her into Xavier. She threw Catharine a gun. "You two go to the house, let us distract these guys."

Xavier nodded and grabbed Catharine leaving the rest of the hunters to take down the hoards that protected the manor. They got to the door and Xavier pulled her to him, kissing her and then pulled back. His eyes were wary and as soon as she thought he was about to say something romantic he said, "this is the longest day I've been sober in four year." She was about to say something back, but instead he reached in again and kissed her. "Alright. Let's go."

Upon entering the manor, she felt uneasy. It was quiet and dark and the smell brought back, good memories and her stomach turned. She felt lonely, even standing next to Xavier. She knew Nicholas had to go, Desmond and even Daniel.

All of them stuck to their grounds and invited her as family and now she'd come back to kill them. A guilt took over her, but she knew she had to save all the people she knew were being destroyed by Desmond's plan.

Then the lights had come on and her heart burst to Desmond's voice. "Look what the cat dragged in."

In back of him was Nicholas who watched emotionless. "Nick!" Xavier yelled.

"It's Nicholas now. I see you came sober, that was a wise idea," Nicholas said.

Desmond smiled widely. "You know, I've been looking for more members for my pack, Xavier. That night I met you, I could sense something about you, though you were masked by too many strong scents, but now I can tell. You'd be quite powerful."

"I would take his offer, Xavier. You too, Catharine. You should come back as well," Nicholas said.

"You said it wasn't safe." She took a step forward to them and Xavier held her hand back to keep her from going any further.

Desmond looked at Nicholas cross, but Nicholas seemed unphased. "I didn't mean it. Things changed-"

"Enough," Desmond said lifting his hand. "Take my offer. Defy me and you will lose."

"I'll take my chances," Xavier said as he raised the gun to Desmond's head, but instead Nicholas had taken form and took the bullet.

His form was now larger with human like arms coming from his now snake like body, it's face still just a mouth, but now formed sideways like a book. It snapped and slide down the stairs and jumped at Xavier who shot twice more till Nicholas's dead body was draped over his brother.

Rolling the body off of him, Xavier looked up to the now formed bat like monster at the stairs. He cocked it's head and suddenly a shot went off.

Both the beast and Xavier looked over to see Catharine holding her arms down with the gun in her hand. The beast roared and with that suddenly Catharine shrunk within her clothes and jumped out a cat.

Xavier was left with his eyes wide watching the animal run off and mumbled. "Damn it."

He then held his gun up as Desmond came after him and fired the last three rounds he had. Though ineffectively, the monster still grabbed him.

He never thought he'd die at the hands of a monster. Always hoped he'd settled down, grow old and die of natural causes. Now his death seemed real as memories of his life flashed before his eyes.

His fear melted to acceptance hoping his death would bring him closer to his family. With Nicholas now dead, all he could hope was that he wouldn't be coming back; that Desmond wouldn't change him. Once he was dead it'd be out of his control.

Desmond's beastly mouth was coming down to him and he mentally prepared himself for the pain he expected to experience. But instead he felt something claw up his back and he yelped.

He pushed away, surprised he was still alive with no harm. Looking over his relief was brief when he noticed the cat that was now within the beast's mouth. He shuffled over and yanked the limp animal from it's teeth.

Desmond was now on the floor within his human form choking on blood. He began to twist over to spit out what was in his mouth reaching his fingers to his lips.

Xavier was quick and jumped up over onto Desmond holding his mouth shut. The already weak monster had ingested part of Catharine's blood and hoped to keep it closed so he wouldn't try to throw it up.

Under him, his enemy had stilled, but celebrating was far from his mind, as when he looked over to the cat, it was now the girl he knew. From her side was a large gash that bleed on the tile.

Mouth ajar, he knelt over her body and for a moment he paid his respects before picking himself up and grabbing the gun Catharine had.

He pushed aside his sadness knowing his job wasn't yet done. He walked around the manor, room by room, sure that he'd find the other two from the pack lurking somewhere.

Though he found the house empty. Even after he had helped clear up the lawn with the rest of the hunters, they had reassured him the house was empty after their sweep over.

"No one else is here," Lo promised.

"Then what happen to the other two?" he questioned.

"I wouldn't worry. They won't do any trouble, only the alpha could turn people. We'll get on their trail quick and easy once we clean the city up," Will told him.

"Thanks," he said and sat on the stairs, where Fee put her arms around him.

They watched as some of Will's group packed up Catharine's body, the same way they had done Desmond and Daniel's.

As they began to zip up the body bag, he wondered to himself about where dead fallen angels went.

'*•.¸('*•.¸ † ¸.•*')¸.•*'

Please ★STAR ★

Follow Me On Twitter @SamanthaMcCaff4

Add The Vampire's Deal To Your Library Today!