Hangovers And Rainy Days

Start from the beginning

I paused. "Did you just call me stubborn?"

"Are you saying that you're not?" he asked, smirking.

"I am one of the most stubborn people alive," I said. "Who ever thinks other wise is obviously an idiot."

"Obviously," Stefan said. "Look, knowing Damon, he is just doing this to annoy you. If you keep ignoring him, he'll probably keep Andy around. He's almost as stubborn as you."

"So you want me to forgive him?" I asked incredulously. "Just like that?"

"No," he said. "Just do what you think will work. I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"You should be a therapist," I said. "Or have your own talk show, like Dr. Phil."

He laughed. "I'm good."

"Well, thanks for the advice Stefan," I said. "And right now, I really need to pee, so I'll be back."

I had no surpise visits from Shadow in the bathroom, so that was something at least. I looked at my lightning blue eyes in the mirror and sighed. There was no way in hell I was going to forgive Damon. I was not going to give him that satisfaction. What I was going to do, was continue to ignore him until he gives in. I don't care if I had to ignore him for centuries. I was going to win this.

I turned around, and as I was walking out, a girl I didn't know walked past me.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully with a huge smile on my face.

"Um, hi," she said, frowning. "Do I know you?"

"Of course not!" I laughed.

"Then why did you say good morning to me?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't," I replied, putting on a serious expression.

She gave me a weird look and hurried into the bathroom. I smiled to myself. God I loved weirding random people out. I saw that Elena and Jeremy had returned with drinks, and Caroline and Bonnie had joined them at the table.

I noticed someone enter the Grill and saw that it was Damon, who was with Andy. They looked like they were headed to the bar, which was in the direction of me. I averted my gaze and kept a casual expression as I continued walking. Apparently Damon was being serious when he said 'Two can play at that game,' because he didn't even look at me as we brushed past each other.

Bring it on Damon, I thought.

I got given questioning looks when I reached my table.

"What was that?" Caroline asked, eyes wide.

"What was what?" I asked innocently.

"What's going on between you and Damon?" Elena asked, frowning.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, looking at the table. I didn't feel like explaining the story again.

"Her and Damon aren't talking," Stefan answered her. I shot him a glare. Traitor.

"How come?" Bonnie asked, arching an eyebrow.

"We, uh, got in an argument," I answered. "But honestly, it doesn't bother me. Damon's a dick."

I heard a scoff come from the bar, and I knew that Damon was listening to our conversation. Caroline and Stefan must've heard it too, because they looked in his direction.

"So you guys are just ignoring each other?" Jeremy asked.

"Pretty much," I replied.

"Oh come on," Caroline said. "It's you and Damon. I bet you guys will be talking to each other within a few days."