Come Wake Me Up

Bringing back my first ever thomara one shot :))))))

*************
THOMAS

It has been three years.

Three fucking long years.

"Bro, nag-bar ka na naman? That's the fourth time this week ah" Jeron worriedly said as soon as I opened the door.

"Don't worry bro, di naman ako lasing. I can walk straight pa nga oh, see?" I tried to maintain my balance but failed. The alcohol has finally kicked in, I guess.

Trying to avoid his disappointed looks, I went straight to the couch and plopped down.

"Si Ara pa rin? Gusto mong pag-usapan? Apat lang naman tayo nila Kib at Jollo tonight sa dorm. And knowing those two, kahit may sunog na, tulog mantika pa rin." He joked trying to lighten up the mood. I am really thankful to have Jeron as my friend.

Oh I hope I didn't sound gay.

"Bro, I don't know what to do, what to think. Napaka ironic lang because I wanted this. I wanted out dahil nasakal ako, dahil I want my freedom pero tangina Jeron, bakit ang sakit?" Tear after tear rolled down my cheeks and as weak and vulnerable as I look, I'm too tired of fighting.

"And you know what's funny? It's been three years bro pero ngayon pa lang nagsi-sink in sa akin lahat ng pagkakamali ko. I was fine naman after we broke up. I even dated other girls. I was sure na masaya ako but when I saw her with that Shiela, her memories came to me, burning me. Fuck, babae kalaban ko but I feel so threatened. Buti sana kung ikaw eh, at least I know I'm more pogi than you"

"Gago! Nagawa mo pang mag-joke. Pero Thom, ikaw na nagsabi babae kalaban mo. Lamang ka dun! I'm quite sure Ara is just confused. She was hurt so maybe iniisip nya na if she'll date a girl, she won't be hurt as much. Go out there Thom and at least try to win her back. Tama nga ang mga shippers nyo, pagong ka nga" we chuckled at his petty insult.

Maybe it's time to get back on the track.

Thomas Torres @iamthomastorres
Pagong no more.

***
I am patiently waiting for Ara to come out. Lagi kasi syang nagpapahuli unless she's in a hurry.

After last night's talk with Jeron, I have decided to try my luck with Ara again. I want to talk to her about everything that happened.

When Ara finally stepped out of the room, I immediately grabbed her arm.

Damn, I missed this.

"Thomas? Uh, hello. May kailangan ka?" When was the last time I heard her voice? Although I didn't like her casual tone, I really did miss her speaking to me.

"Uh, ano. Are you busy? Can we talk over lunch?"

I saw hesitation cross her eyes for a split second before furrowing her ever perfect eye brows.

"Sigurado ka na ako talaga kausap mo? Baka mistaken identity pala 'to, idol" she laughed at her own joke. Same old Ara, same old.

She seemed genuine. Yes may konting awkwardness between us but she's acting as if nothing happened between us in the past.

She looks like she has completely moved on.

And I didn't like it.

"Oo naman, mapagpapalit ko ba sa iba ang isang Victonara Galang?"

"You did, three years ago"

I don't know if she wanted me to hear that or not but I did.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. So?"

"Sige. Di naman ako busy"

--
When our order was served, Ara spoke.

"So idol, ano ba yung gusto mong pag-usapan?"

I was actually hoping we could talk after eating but since she opened it up already, I might as well go with the flow.

"It's about us, Ara. What I did before was below the belt. I know I should've given you more concrete explanations. I regret leaving you hanging, babe. I really do. I'm so sorry"

I looked at her, searching for anything.

But she was looking at me with a blank face.

"Tuloy mo"

"I know that i blamed you for being so controlling and clingy but you were not. You gave me all the time you can give me. You always tried to understand me when I couldn't spare even a minute to talk to you. When I get into fights, you were always one of the first to stop me. Lagi kang nasa tabi ko especially when I'm at my bluest. But I took you for granted. I'm so sorry, Ara.

"I was so sure that breaking up with you was a good thing to do. But when I saw you with Shiela last week, all the regrets came crashing down on me. I have been denying that I did a huge mistake for the last three years.
And Ara, I'm already on my edge. I can't fight these feelings anymore. I want you back. It is still you. It has always been you."

The walls that are keeping my tears have broken down. I don't care if anyone sees me like this. I need this.

"2 years, 11 months and 9 days." I looked at her, confused. She has a genuine smile plastered on her face. A few tear stains are visible indicating that she cried.

Does that mean I have a chance?

"2 years, 11 months and 9 days. Ganun ko katagal na hinintay na sabihin mo yan. And I'm really happy that you did. I was so lost that time, Thom. Lagi kong tinatanong ang sarili ko, ano bang pagkakamali ko? Nagkulang ba ako? Or was I really too much? I waited. I waited for you to take your words back. I loved you so much. Napaka biglaan nung nangyari. But really, thank you for clearing it out" her smile grew wider as she reached out for my hand.

"Pero Thom, napaka tagal na nun. A lot has changed. I've changed. You've changed. I won't be coming back, Thom. I have Bang now. Ang tagal ko ding ipinagkait sa sarili ko na maging masaya. At alam mo, ang saya ko ngayon. Pinapasaya nya ako. I can forgive you and I can even be your friend. Pero hanggang dun na lang. I have moved on, it's time na palayain mo na rin ang sarili mo. Ay teka, ang drama hahaha!"

As much as I want to laugh, i couldn't force myself.

Ang sakit.

She got distracted when her phone beeped.

"Uy Thom, I'm sorry pero mauuna na ako ah. May lakad kami ni Bang eh. Pasensya na ah"

I nod my head, not able to muster a single word.

As she left the restaurant, I cried three years worth of pain, regrets and what ifs.

Thomas Torres @iamthomastorres
Please let this be a dream. A nightmare. Please come wake me up.

xxxxxxxxxx

Yay for the 1st one hahaha.

Masyado nga lang madrama 😂 I'll make the next one as light as possible haha.

#NeverShallWeSink