Chapter V

Hello everyone!!! Thank you for patiently waiting for the story update. Although I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to keep track of your names, but rest assured that your votes, likes, and others are very much appreciated... Anyway, here's the much-awaited chapter 5...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Villain's Tavern backdoor; 5 hours after, Savannah's POV

"Another long day is finally over." I thought to myself as I went out of the backdoor. Alice is very kind enough to take the role of tidying up everything since she knows I came straight from school and from the small firm where I work as a Financial Analyst. I was already walking to the bus stop when I noticed a gold expensive car tailing me.

"Hey! Can we talk now?" Brent asks from rolled down car window.

"Are you serious?" I ask as I continue walking, while he continues to drive his car slowly.

"Of course! I wouldn't wait for you this long if I'm not. Hop-in." he said as he opens the door of the shotgun seat. I hesitantly followed, still thinking if I made the right call going with a man I barely know.

"Any place you got in mind?" he inquired as we reached the intersection.

"Turn left. There's a café just around the corner." I simply said.

Before I had the chance to ask what this is all about, we're already parking outside Blue Bottle Coffee. So I just kept quiet until we found a place to seat.

"So what is this business proposition you're talking about that you've waited for me for five long hours?" I asked while enjoying my Affogato and Biscotti Pizzetta.

"We'll talk about that later. Their Double Chocolate Recchiuti and Macchiato are too good to be spoiled with business talks." He simply answered.

So we just talk about random stuff. It wasn't long before both of us finish eating, after which we both decided to ask for a plain black coffee.

"As I said a while ago, I'm not looking for a serious relationship. But I have proposition to make." He started.

"And that is?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"My family happens to own a conglomerate which I'm managing. But the board of directors won't let me handle the full rein indefinitely unless I got myself an heir." He narrated.

"Alright. So you're the CEO of D&G Empire. What? You don't think I won't recognize you from the newspaper, do you? Anyway, but the board won't let stay in your position because your single. Is that right?" I inquired which he answered with a nod. "Well, having a family symbolizes stability and sense of responsibility. Don't you think that's a reasonable request?"

"Not if you're not yet ready. And you want your life the way it is." He said matter of factly.

"Well, you got a point there. But I still don't get the part I'll be playing here." I said with knitted eyebrow.

I can't exactly pinpoint what changed. But there's something in his expression that says I won't like what he'll say next. Except that's an irony of it all.

"I want you to bear my heir in exchange for five hundred billion. You'll get ten percent upfront once you signed the contract, and the rest after you gave birth and signed a nondisclosure and a waiver saying you're relinquishing all your rights and claim to the child. I know this can be overwhelming but--"

"Stop." It was all I say as I try my very best to contain my fury before I embarrass both of us, not that I care on his reputation considering what he told me. Hurling all the curses I know won't probably ease my rage right now; instead I took a deep breath and grab my bag.

"Hey! Where are you going? We're not done talking yet." He said as he ran after me.

As soon as we stepped outside the cafe, I gave him with an earth-shaking slap.

"I hope that's enough answer on your proposal, pompous jerk." I said as I started walking home.

"Savannah wait!" he said as walked after me. When I didn't respond and just continue walking, he grabs my arm and went in front of me. "Look, I didn't mean to offend you. I just want to give an honest and straight proposition. To clear up that this is just a business proposition, no more than that. Here's my card, call me if you change--"

"I won't."

"Fine. Just keep it." He said as he hands me a professional looking piece of paper. I didn't know what got into me, but I took the card and keep it in my bag as I walked again.

"Can I drive you somewhere?" he called after.

"No need. I can go home on my own."

870 Hilgard Apartments

I was still fuming with anger when I reached the flat I'm sharing with two more students from school. I just threw off my shoes and clothes everywhere and dip myself on the shower.

"Insensitive pompous chauvinist pig! Who does he thinks he is to say such things? God of the Roman Empire? Huh!" I monologue to myself as I furiously scrubbed myself off the entire day's worth of dirt. After an entire hour of internal monologue and cleaning up, I went out of the shower and grab a pair of sweat pants and shirt. I was on my way to the kitchen to grab some dinner when the phone rang, so I step to the living room instead.

"Hello?Yeah, speaking. What?! Yes, I'll be there immediately." I whimpered. Appalled must be an understatement of what I'm feelingright now. I just threw the phone, snatch my bag and ran out of the door.