Chapter IV

Finally! I was able to find a few time and inspiration to update this story. Busy is not even enough to describe how things had been this past few months. Thank you for patiently waiting and reading this tory in the first place. Kindly spare me a few moment as well to thank the following people who took extra effort in voting and adding this story on their list:

_NineStars_

diamondgirl8888

miChikimChi

NalynOliva

AnneRamos597

marisolpdugay

tinager17

larry_setosta

yameyye

S8681607E

palang25

shaymhii

lynskiedarauay

espino248

Your efforts are much appreciated folks! Anyway, without further a do, I give you Chapter IV...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Villain's Tavern; One week later; Brent's POV

"How's Operation: Pop an Heir going, boss?" Ken asked as we enter the bar.

"I went around the files you got, and I short-listed ten candidates, which I met over the week. But they turned out to be either a gold-digger or a shark." I sourly answered.

"Whoa! What a description. Care to elaborate on that."

"To be fair, all of them are beautiful and sexy in their own way. They even finished their degrees from reputable universities."

"And here's the but." He jokingly said.

"When I met some of them, I can smell from a mile their greed for money and power that D&G and Docaltier name can bring them. While the others are not like that, I can tell from the start that we'll only work out as business partners. They're too stiff and unfeeling for marriage or children." I explained.

"Are you talking about yourself with your last description?" Ken joked which I answered with a laughed. "But seriously though, boss. I was thinking maybe you don't need to a wife to have an heir. I mean the board just wants assurance that there will be next in line. You could probably just adopt or something."

"Nah! Adoption is out of question. Dad specifically said he wants D&G to stay in the family. But that something you're talking about is interesting." I smiled mischievously.

"Uhuh! I don't think I'm going to like the direction of this conversation." Ken shook his head.

"What? You're the one who suggested it anyway." I amusedly said.

Ken just lifted his hands in surrender and shrug his shoulders.

"Alright, let's say this will suffice the board. But how will you convince someone to bear your child without having anything to do with her before and after?"

"Not if I'll pay her a huge amount of money." I smirked at him.

"Might work. But it will not guarantee that she won't ask more in the future." He said, like trying to be a voice of reason.

"Nothing that contract and few threats won't fix."

"Ok. And where will you get this money-hungry-surrogate-mother for your heir?" Ken sceptically asked.