Chapter 1

I cautiously trailed down the deserted, eerie grey street, holding the silver gun between my hands. My boyfriend Sam slowly walks behind me, his gun raised also. The apocalypse had destroyed everything society had to offer, leaving empty cities, broken families and destroyed nations. The black leather bag draped over my right shoulder, the left sustaining too many lacerations to be useful, held most of the supplies we had gathered. I firmly had one hand gripped on the strap, desperately holding whatever we had left. I noticed a large apartment building that seems somewhat unaffected compared to other areas of the deserted city. Deciding that although the building may be dangerous, it was better to get off the streets. I cautiously enter the building, still holding my loaded gun up. I glance in one apartment.

Nothing.

I moved onto the next one.

Nothing. As I peep into the third apartment, I see 5 people, all dead, ripped to shreds. I sighed and hang my head sadly.

"I really wish this didn't happen...so many innocent lives lost...it's not fair" I whispered to Sam. He nodded in agreement sadly, still completely focused on what was happening around him. I continued to walk forwards, before I quickly stopped, taking one of my plastic water bottles and taking a sip, passing it to Sam as he does the sand. I raise my head to glance at one of the apartments, hearing a rustling inside. I very slowly open the door, holding my gun up. "Hello?" I whisper quietly. Silence momentarily, before a rabid zombie jumps out. For the first time in my life, I didn't respond with the trigger. Something forbade me, like I didn't want to shoot them, so alternatively I flip the gun around and hit it in the head with the end of it. It falls over, slamming it's head into the concrete and snarls furiously. I quickly slam the door.

"O-Oh god" I exclaimed quietly. Sam glances at me worriedly as I leaned against the wall. We hastily began a retreat down the hall as the zombie began to bang on the door, the weak mahogany threatening to breaks. "Why did this happen Sammy?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"I don't know, but nobody deserved for this to happen, not even the worst of people" He sighed. I looked up at him sadly, only to notice a zombie running towards us.

"Sammy move!" I yelled, ready to fire my gun. Two arms wrap around Sam and I and harshly yanked us into an apartment and slam the door. I look behind me. I swing around to see...Mark and Jack, as in the YouTubers, Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, the gamers. I stare blankly in complete and utter confusion.

"Mark? Jack?" I questioned

"Uh, Hello" They both replied nervously.

"Thank you, you saved our lives" I nodded at them.

"It's okay, we couldn't just let that zombie attack you two now could we? What are your names young lady?" Mark asked.

"I-I'm Hannah, and this is my boyfriend Sammy" I told them. They both smiled happily, a seldom sight in times like these. Everyone we saw was either a zombie or full of hatred and despair from these godforsaken hard times.

"Hello Hannah, hello Sam" They both said. The zombie began to bang on the door. We looked at it fearfully.

"Get back" Mark whispered, gently grabbing my and Sam's arms and pulling us behind him. Jack gently pulls us both back even further back.

"We need to stay quiet" he whispers softly. Mark slowly backed away from the door. "We need to get out of here" Jack said. Mark agreed.

"But How?" He murmured aloud. He looked at the window and titled his head.

"Mark we are four storeys up, that's too dangerous and insane Mark!" Jack exclaimed.

"That's the only guaranteed way out, this building is teeming with zombies, Jack!" Mark exclaimed in response. Sam nodded in agreement, holding my waist.

"You two are crazy!" Jack and I said. The zombie hit the door louder and more violently, it's rage only growing.

"We need to move" Sam announced worriedly. Mark opens the window. He jumps out and climbs down carefully but swiftly, followed by Sam.

"Ready to climb?" Jack asked.

"Ready...in a sense"" I replied, gulping as I glanced how far it was.

"You will be okay I'm sure, be very careful" he told me. I nodded and began climbing, shoving my gun into my back pocket. I slipped on a mossy brick, barely catching myself.

'Oh god'

I quickly grabbed onto another brick that was not in the least sturdy and wouldn't be stable much longer.

"Hannah! It's alright! Let go!" Mark called.

"I don't know" I called back unsure, listening to the brick begin to crack.

"It's okay!Trust me! I will catch you I promise!" He called back. I closed my eyes and let go. Mark caught me safely.

"Thank you, Mark" I exclaimed.

"No problemo" he replied, putting me on my feet. Jack climbed down hastily, and we walked down the street. Jack and Mark held up guns, Sam and I followed behind, holding ours. We cane across a car, in which the door was cracked open and the keys still in. "Alright, let's go I guess" Mark announced, getting in. I hopped in the back and sat next to Sam.

"You two sleep, you need some energy" Jack told us, looking at us in the mirror.

"Thank you for helping us today" I whispered.

"No problem, goodnight" they both said. Jack high fived me and turned back to the windscreen, and Mark smiled reassuringly.