Epilogue - Home at Last

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Finally! We're home!" I shouted triumphantly. I stepped into the station with my head held high.

"The job didn't take as long as I expected," Erza observed.

"I just want to get back to the guild!" Natsu piped.

"I want to hang out with Levy again. She was teaching me how to use her glasses," Wendy chimed.

Gajeel strode forward, heading for the guild. Willow stayed behind me. She kept a hand on her sheathed sword. We ended up getting into Magnolia a little later than expected and it was already dark. The was no moon and the stars were dim. Natsu walked beside me, slowly gaining his composure from motion sickness. I held his hand and smiled to myself.

"I want to sleep in my own bed again," I grumbled.

"You mean our bed," Natsu murmured in my ear.

"No, my bed."

Before we knew it, we were standing in front of the big oak doors of the Fairy Tail Guild hall. Wendy opened them and we walked right through the middle of a fight.

It slowly came to a stop when their eyes fell on me. Gajeel had Jet by the neck. Wakaba was prepared to throw a beer glass. Levy was in a corner glancing over the top of a book. Natsu let go of my hand and sat down at the bar. "Give me a smoothie, Mira!"

"S-sure, Natsu," she stuttered.

Master Makarov jumped on the railing. "What's all the commotion about?!"

"Master!" Erza began. "We've returned successful."

"Well done, Team Natsu. Now that that's all situated... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH LUCY?!"

I rubbed the back of my head. "I might, sorta, maybe, be the Celestial Dragon Slayer..."

***

"So, you had a seal and it broke on your job," Levy concluded.

"Simply put, yeah," I responded. "Oh! There's someone I want you all meet!"

Natsu gulped. "Are you sure she's stable?"

"Don't make me hurt you," I hissed over my shoulder as I marched to the door. "Willow, come one out and meet everyone."

She peeked around the corner.

"For a fifteen-year old, you're awfully shy."

"Am not!"

"Whatever. Just stay behind me."

"Okay..."

I turned around and smiled at the curious guild. "Everyone, this is Willow Karagiri. She's the Nature Dragon Slayer. She was the one who was causing issues at the school's festival."

"Why'd you bring her here?" Master questioned.

"She knows more about my past then I do. She's a great fighter. Not to mention how young she is. She's been living on her own since I joined Fairy Tail. I decided I would take her in."

"So, you'd act like her big sister?"

"Something like that... Also, if she joined Fairy Tail, we'd have five dragon slayers."

"Welcome to Fairy Tail! Mira, get this girl a guild mark!" He smiled widely. "Take good care of her, Lucy."

"I will!" I promised.

"Now, let's celebrate our new member!"

The guild cheered happily. Natsu finished his smoothie and downed three beers in one go then began babbling on about the job while sipping a fourth. "He's totally taking advantage of his age..."

Willow tugged on my shirt. "I haven't been completely alone. I have a cat but she's always out and about."

I patted her head lightly. "I'm sure we'll find her soon," I assured.

I shuffled over to Levy and began to chat with her. Cana joined us shortly after Wendy and Erza.

I missed this. But I'll never be alone. Not with this family.

Home at last.

***

After all the festivities, I walked along the edge of the river to my apartment. Erza insisted on taking Willow for the first night home so I could get used to getting around my apartment with my wings. I gladly obliged and left. I unlocked my door and dropped my keys on the kitchen counter. I threw my bag on the couch and stripped off my boots. I pulled out my hair tie and collapsed on my bed, exhausted. I sighed comfortably.

A sudden movement under me made me jump. "Lucy, what took you?"

I looked down at Natsu with an open mouth. "How'd you get in?"

"The window, like always," he pointed out.

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you." I gave him a quizzical look. He flipped us over and he gazed down at me affectionately. "All of you."

"Natsu?" He captured my lips in a sweet kiss. "Wait." I pushed him away. "Slow down. You're still drunk, aren't you?"

His trademark grin was painted on his face. "What makes you say that?"

"You had four beers."

"Dragon slayers have iron stomachs. Just ask Gajeel. You should know that by now."

"Whatever you say..."

"Well I said I wanted to see you and that's not done."

"W-wait, Natsu. Let's not get ahead of ourselves!" He continued to kiss down my neck.

"Oh, c'mon, Luce. Let's have fun."

Yep...Home at last...