Chapter 3 - A New Town

Natsu's P.O.V.

I picked up Lucy and carried her off the train. Erza, Gray, Gajeel, Wendy, Pantherlily and Carla were all waiting for us.

"Hey, Flame Brain. Where've you been? We've been waiting for an eternity," Gray complained. I continued to walk to the group.

"I could put you to sleep for an eternity instead!" I challenged. 

Gray marched over to me and butted foreheads. "You pickin' a fight, Ash-For-Brains." I pushed my forehead against his.

"What if I am, Ice Princess?" We both growled at each other. I forgot I had Lucy in my arms until she began to stir and moan.

I backed away from Gray and looked at Lucy, hoping I didn't hurt her or wake her up. She stopped her writhing and her breathing became normal again. I glared at Gray then shouldered past him. "What the hell, Natsu?" I stopped and turned around to face him.

"We can fight some other time." I stopped next to Wendy. "Do you know where we're staying?" I asked. Wendy shook her head.

"Erza knows." I rolled my eyes.

"Great."

Erza sighed and began to take the lead. "The hotel we will be staying in is a few blocks away. We need to be at the school at 7:00 in the morning tomorrow, so we need to make sure we all get plenty of rest."

"Aye!" We all said. We continued on the road to the hotel in silence.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Erza's P.O.V.

He may not have said it directly but I could tell Natsu was concerned for Lucy's well being. It actually brought me close to tears. I took the lead and constantly glanced at Natsu to make sure he wasn't trying anything. That Salamander is unpredictable.

I heard little footsteps coming up behind me. I turned around and saw Wendy jogging up to me. "Hey, Erza!"

"Yes, Wendy? Is there something wrong?" I asked. 

She looked at me suspiciously. "Have you noticed the way Natsu's been acting? It's really weird. He's never been so thoughtful about anyone before, caring."

I looked at her thoughtfully. I'm glad I wasn't the only one. "Natsu can care about some things. For example, he cares about us and his friends and all of Fairy Tail. Now what's wrong with that?"

Wendy looked over her shoulder at Natsu who was carrying the sleeping Lucy. "I guess that makes sense."

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Natsu's P.O.V.

I saw Wendy and Erza continually glancing back at me. What was their problem? I was confused by their glares towards me. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize Gray and Gajeel had come up on either sides of me. "Why are you looking at Lucy like that? You actually look passive. Why?" Gray looked at me through questioning eyes.

"Yeah," Gajeel began. "Why do you look at Lucy like that? Do you have a crush on her or somethin'?" He gave me a weird look.

"No way! Lucy's my best friend and a member of Fairy Tail! Anyone else would do the same thing," I retorted. Gray and Gajeel looked at me unconvinced but remained silent.

"We're here!" Erza suddenly yelled. I looked away from the two assumers and set my eyes upon the hotel we'll be staying in for the job. It was at least four stories tall. It had bricks on the bottom and the rest was made out of a dark colored wood. It was actually really pretty.