Chapter 8 // Mom

Louise's House | Saturday, 11 am
    I sit on my bed thinking, like usual. Runaway. I could run, away from my past, away from Louise, away from everything. Start over. Sounds great, doesn't it? No longer being known for one of the biggest crime busts in Liberty Falls history. I could let go, like a person who struggling for air in the deep depths of the sea finally gives up, takes a big gulp of water and for a split second, they feel like they can breathe again. Sweet relief, finally seeing the light. Nate is my light, my way out, my relief.  
Knock. Knock. Knock.
   Louise walks in and sits down on the corner of the bed. Awkward tension fills the room, the only communication between us the last few days had been glances.

"I know you're still mad at me but you need to know." I focus out the window, Louise's voice could barely be heard above the rain, thankfully.

"Know what, that you had affair with my father, then blackmailed my mother into rehab, and now you want to take my brother." Scoff. "Is it your mission to destroy my family?"

"No, no, no Maria it's not like that I only want to do what is right."

"What's right?! So taking Danny away is right?"

"Your father told me to take care of the both of you, he knew Sacilla couldn't. I'm just trying to do what would make him happy."

"Don't you dare say shit about my mother."

"Ugh if you don't wanna listen to me talk to her yourself." Louise places the car keys on the bed. "She can have visitors now."

Liberty Falls Rehabilitation Center | Saturday, 12 pm
    We sit in an open room full of other patients and visitors. The large windows show the beautiful view of the side of the mountain. You could see the whole city all the way to the beach. The cream painted walls and pale blue furniture gives the somewhat chaotic room a sense of calmness. And there she sits across from me in a heavily cushioned chair studying my very breath, her legs crossed, a thick gray sweater covers most of her. Her freshly washed hair formed into a long braid that's topped off with a beanie. She gained some much-needed weight, smoothing out her worn face.

"Hello, love."

"Hi. Mom." I say. We sit here silence until mom clears her throat.

"How's Dan..."

"Tell me about the affair." I cut her off to get to the real reason why I am here. No more bullshit.

"Maria, you don't need to..."

"I've yelled at Louise, I've not even spoken to the only person who's helped me since dad died, because of your stunt." Mom fiddles with the hem of her sweater, as I say my peace. "Now tell me," I speak slow and calm trying to mask all the hurt I have.

"Maria Arabella, whether you like it or not you are my damn daughter. I don't need to be questioned about what went on between adults to a fucking child, okay."

"Really? You've never been there for me. Even when dad was alive you weren't really there for none of us. I get why dad cheated, you weren't a wife much less a mother." She stops fiddling with her sweater and just looks at me with hurt and anger in her eyes.

"I'm done, Maria. I did this bc I wanted to see you but I guess it's just gonna be fucking arguing, so I'm done." She slips on her house shoes and stands up heading back for the double doors she entered.

"Oh just leave again, like you did all those other nights." Mom reaches the doors and stops. "Ya know what stay in here get all the help you need because when you get out none of us will be here." I grab my bag and rush out the door, leaving an old family photo at the table.

*********

Hope you guys like it! Thank you so much for reading my little story! I hope you enjoyed this part, I figured you need a break from such long chapters. Please vote if you liked this chapter, follow for more stories, and please comment because I love reading ALL of them.

xoxo,

Avery Lea

Please leave your feedback lovelies.
👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
Q: Should Maria be more concerned about Nate's troublesome past?
Q #2: How do you feel about Maria's relationship with her mother?