Chapter 5 // Social Worker

Louise's House | 12 pm
I throw my stuff on the couch, before going to the bathroom. I turn on the hot water, and strip off Nate's borrowed apparel, and get in the shower. Letting the hot water wash over my body, as I look for answers. Do I really want Nate? Of course, the sex was amazing, was it more than that? I've grown so numb after my father's murder, not feeling anything, the only happiness I'd known was Danny. But Nate makes me feel something, but not trust. No matter how many times he told me to, that one command I couldn't follow. Then Caiden, oh God I miss him, but we've tried this before and it didn't go well, should we try it again? He makes me feel those sweet innocent butterflies, like a child. Like we are the only two in the world. There's something about Caiden then there's nothing about Nate. I get out of the shower, no longer wanting to face my feelings. I wrap a fluffy towel around my wet body, and another around my hair. I walk out of the steaming hot bathroom, greeting Danny who is playing with new toys.

"Hey Danny boy, where's Lou?" He looks up from his new action figures and smiles.

"Hey, sissy." Danny continues to play with his toy, blocking me out.

"Where's Louise, Danny?"

"Aunt Lou is in the kitchen with some lady." He points towards the kitchen, I could barely hear the faint whispers. I throw on some comfy clothes, shorts, and a t-shirt, then creep to the kitchen.

"Where is she, Louise?" The familiar whisper barely being heard over the T.V.

I hear small sips as Lou drinks her tea. "I finally convinced Sacilla to check into rehab." Rehab?

"Do they know?"

"No, it just happened last night after I put Danny to bed." I hear more small slurps. "She showed up at my house drunk out of her mind, beating on my door screaming about the affair." Affair? I hear the fast scribbles of a pen.

"Poor thing, she still hasn't got over the affair. Did they hear her?" The unmistakable southern accent faintly echoes until finally, a name matches the accent. Katy.

"No, thankfully. Danny was dead asleep, and Maria was with a friend last night."

"Good." Just her voice causes rage to build inside me, I hate that woman. "How did you do it? Sacilla would never listen to me when I tried to get her help."

"When I realized who she was I walked outside, she started trying to hit me after she banged up my door, and she keeps screaming about how I ruined her life." I hear Katy's rapidly writing. "I grabbed her wrist, and finally got her to sit down, and she burst into tears. She told me that her dealer told her about the kids living with me now, and about how we were moving." The faster Katy's pen goes the more I know Danny is screwed. "She said she felt like she let Michael down, and that she was never the wife or mother she was supposed to be. I felt bad for her, Katy." The sympathy in Louise's voice didn't ease my anger. "I told her that she could still be the mother she was supposed to be but she needed to work on herself first. She didn't know where to start, so I told her I would take her to a rehab center, while I take care of things here. She was reluctant, but I gave her an ultimatum, either rehab or jail, so she checked in at 1 am last night." Katy's pen still flying off the paper.

A few moments of silence went by as Katy continues to write, and I take in the blows that ruin my trust for Louise. "Louise you are a God sent." Katy places her delicate feminine hand on Louise's forearm, her southern draw relieves the small guilt on Lou's face.

"Thanks, Katy, but I just feel bad about everything, I've lied to Mari so much." I walk into the kitchen making my presence known. Not being able to take any more. "Maria?! When did you get back?"

"Oh. I got back just in time to hear about how you ruined my life." My voice is low and calm scaring Louise. "And you didn't even have the fucking guts to tell me."

"Maria I'm sorry, I..."

"No, it's late now, you've have 3 years to tell me, Louise. I trusted you." The pain from my broken trust aches as I look at Lou. "You've screwed me over like everybody else." My words fade out as I walk out of the stunned silent kitchen.

Liberty Falls Alternative School, Counselor's Office | Monday, 12 pm
I walk in the unusually calm office, timid to face Nate after Saturday morning. He greets me with a gorgeous smile and the sweet scent of his cologne. Nate sits on a small gray love seat holding a thick book. "Good morning Miss. Moore." He pats the seat next to him. "Have a seat." I hesitantly walk over, setting my stuff down at the door. "Do you know who Mrs. Katy is, Mrs. Moore?" I nod as a wave of disgust washes over me at just the thought of the wretched woman. "She contacted me about your case, and I'd like to go over some things with you." I nod, knowing that her random check-ins are never a good sign. "Louise Cruz, your guardian since your mothers' rehabilitation, wants full custody of your brother, Danny." What the hell?! She wants to take my everything. "You can't fight for custody until you're 18, even then it'll be a long battle. Since you don't have the means of taking care of him, you don't have the best chances of winning." The thought of losing Danny made me burst into tears, quieting Nate. "Let me help you." His professional demeanor of Mr. Wolfe dropped, and teary-eyed I look up at Nate. "Please let me help you." He cups my face.

"No." I wipe my tears. "I'll figure this out." I pull out of his grasp and look down at the ground.

"Maria Arabella let me help you, please." His large masculine hands grip my face making me face him. My sight hazed from the tears couldn't hide the compassion in his suddenly blue eyes. "Stubborn girl, don't do this to yourself."

Nate's eyes pierce into me, waiting for my answer. "Help me." Part of my mental wall fell along with tears, as he pulls me into his arms. Comforting me with his warm embrace, he traces his fingers along my back, placing light kisses on my forehead.

"I love you, my sweet girl," Nate whispers something I could barely hear over my tears.

"What'd you say?" He kills my question with a kiss, filled with emotions. I pull away, wanting something more. "Make me feel." I pull Nate in close, wanting him to ravage my body, making me forget all my sadness. He roughly kisses down my neck, and onto my breast, rubbing and sucking my harden nipples. I comb my thin fingers through his lush hair, as moans pour out my mouth.

Knock, knock, knock. Nate pulls away, the knocks killing the hot compassion that had once filled the room, replacing it with thick tension. We both, stunned from fear, just look at the door, hoping whoever would just go away.

"Mr. Wolfe you there?" The metal knob slowly begins to turn, "It's Olivia..",

*********

Hope you guys like it! Thank you for reading my little story! I hope you enjoyed this part! Please vote if you liked this chapter, follow for more stories, and comment because I love reading them.

xoxo,

Avery Lea

Please leave your feedback lovelies.
👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
Q: How do you feel about what Louise did?

Q #2: Do you think the feelings she has for Nate are real?