10) It's Not Right For You

Start from the beginning

"Then don't go out with him."

"You're my best friend Taylor and I love you to death, but you need to drop it," she replied gruffly.

"You're too good for him," I stressed.

"Okay, we're no longer discussing this. Have you eaten?"

"No."

"Cut the attitude Evans," Hailey snapped. "No need to get pissy about it."

"When he breaks your heart for the fifth time you'll understand my need for pissiness!"

"That's not even a word," she muttered.

"Sure, you'll attack my grammar but you want talk about being hopeless," I grumbled.

"I am not hopeless," she replied. "Things are different this time."

"That's what you said the last time."

"You know what Taylor? Screw you!"

"Whatever, but when he leaves you crying on the bathroom floor you know where to find me."

"He's not going to leave."

"Okay," I said, dangling my feet off the bed. "Whatever you say."

"Good, I'm glad we cleared that up," she said brightly. "But maybe you should call Jamie if you have no plans for the day, it'll take your mind off of missing me."

"I'd honestly rather sit on my couch all day in my bathrobe drinking wine straight from the bottle," I muttered. "And why did you have to mention him anyway? Our conversation was going great so far."

"Because my relationship was the topic but now we're talking about you and your broken friendship?"

"What relationship?" I scoffed. "That man is incapable of commitment."

"Watch it Evans," Hailey warned. "We're not talking about Michael anymore."

"Fine, then we're not talking about Jamie either."

"Fine."

"So, nice weather we're having today huh?" I asked with a glance outside.

She laughed and then I heard the rustling of sheets. "I have to get ready, I'll call you later."

"Unless you're calling to tell me that you've finally sent him packing, don't bother calling," I huffed.

"Bitch," I heard her mutter.

"Love you too Hails."

**

I was sitting on the reading nook in my room staring out the window when the doorbell rang. I cursed whoever it was to the deepest pits of the underworld before I got up to answer it.

"I'm coming dammit!" I yelled when the doorbell chimed again.

I swung open the door and a scowl immediately made its way onto my face when I saw Katie standing there, looking like she had just stepped off the runway.

"Ugh, it's you," I muttered, leaning against the doorframe.

"Hello Taylor," she greeted me with a smile that made my stomach churn.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Katie?"

"May I come in?" she asked, looking past me into the house.

"Why?"

"Please," she pleaded.

I glanced over her shoulder at my nosy neighbor Mrs. Alston who was openly staring at our exchange. I flipped her the bird before stepping aside.