Chapter Two

"So we have rehearsals on Wednesday, third period. All the other members are going to be there, you guys have an input on who joins. I'd like you to show up. It's a good chance to meet everyone else." Mr Shuester said as he walked out of the choir room.

I glanced from the corner of my eyes as I shuffled through the my text books in my locker. As I shifted, the girl beside sir was now visible; instead of hiding behind my open locker door.

"Thanks...." The short girl with him mumbled quietly, with a small smile, her head down as she started to wattle away.

"And remember," he called out as he headed down the hall, "My office is always open, if you ever need to talk."

She nodded her head and watched as he left. But as she turned to walk away, her foot caught on the other and suddenly she crashed into me, tackling me and sending us both to the ground.

My head hit the corner of the locker, my chin slamming against the ground, and her knee found its way into my kidney as she landed on my back, on all fours.

Quickly she scrambled off, accidentally stomping on my ankle, and tripping again, falling on her but this time.

"Well..." I pushed myself up. "That hurt."

The girl remained silence. When I turned to see her, her face shone bright red, she sat there stunned. That was when I recognised her; with wide eyes, her mouth sealed shut and her arms tight by her sides.

"Hey, it's you." I chuckled softly, rubbing the back of my head. "From this morning..."

This morning she had gone up to me, said hi, then stuttered a heap.

"Oh-I-um-ah...." She blurted out.

It was defiantly her.

Her breath was raspy as she shrunk away, looking to her feet. "Hi... S-sorry for, knocking you over..."

With her quiet voice I found myself leaning closer to try hear her better. "You're really quiet, you know that?"

Glancing up at me, then back to her feet, she nodded, biting her lip. "Sorry..."

"Oh no," I shrugged, straightening myself to my feet. "It's kind of cute." My hands reached out to her as I offered to help her up. Her face just blushed again, but she nervously took them, letting me pull her up.

"Thanks!" She suddenly said, bowing in front of me. Quickly she straightened up, I could feel the heat coming off her burning cheeks as she whispered to herself. "Damn it, I've been watching so much anime." She turned back to me. "Sorry... I'm sort of a weirdo... And I can't stop talking...." she laughed nervously. "I don't know why!"

I just looked at her silently, with a blank expression.

Her awkward laughter cut off suddenly as she frowned. "I'll leave you alone now..."

Before I could protest, or say anything at all, she scurried past me, with her head low, whispering to herself.

I looked after her, watching in confusion. "Was it something I said?"