Prologue

I hate when people think I'm popular. First impressions can say a lot. The snap judgement you make the first time you meet a person. Like the cliche that all popular girls are mean; or that all football players are bullies. Not all nerds are awkward, and just because a guy's gay, doesn't mean he wants to be female. There are so many cliches that are given to people as soon as you see them, and a lot of the time, they aren't true.

Me, for example. At first sight of me, people assume that I'm wild, a party girl. I'm not. Actually, I'm extremely antisocial, and socially awkward.

The last time I really talked to someone who wasn't my brother, or outside of my family was on the first day of seventh grade, when in Ms Johnson's math class someone asked me if they could borrow a pen.

In the middle of the lesson, I squeaked like a kettle and threw a pen at Blake Lunas, the hot rich guy that all the girls were in love with. My pen stabbed him in the eye.... Just kidding. It actually stabbed his hand.

Everyone started hating me when he couldn't play basketball anymore since his overprotective mum refused to let him play any sport at all cause of his injury.

Without their star player, the school's team lost the champion ships and they all blamed me. Well, it kind of was my fault... For the remaining two years of middle school, no one tried talking to me again.

So why am I instantly seen as cool? Maybe it's my wardrobe. Maybe it's my makeup. Maybe it's my hair hair. Honestly, I don't know. It was my cousin, Rosie, that gave me all my clothes and beauty products; all I did was use what she told me to.

"Okay, so what colour do you like wearing the most?" She smiled widely, as she sat on her bed cross legged, magazines spread across the room.

It was a summer ago when we last talked. That's when she'd given me the latest makeover.

With a shrug, I flicked through the pages of Teen Girls Gossip of the Week.

"Well, what's your favourite colour?"

Before I could answer, Danny appeared in the door way. "She's gonna say black."

Rosie threw a pillow at him. "First of all, get out of here. Second of all, black not a colour. Third of all, don't say black," she poked me in the back of the head with her foot.

I sighed, running my finger along the edge of the page; which rewarded me with a paper cut, "I don't know then.... Red,"

"Why red?" Danny leaned against the door frame.

I held up my finger, a thick streak of blood oozing out. "Cause it's the colour of blood." I mumbled, adding. "And I like blood."

Yeah, I already know it's not a normal person response. People are always telling me that I'm weird, and different. I'm pretty sure that's the general definition of not normal. Being different.

With a sigh my eyes wondered around the cafeteria room, searching for a seat.

The nerds had a free chair. It'd make me an easy target. Just as I thought it, a slushie found its way over the head of one of the guys there.

Cheerleaders had a free spot- oh wait, no. They saw me looking at kicked it over. What lovely girls.

Across from them there were all the sport teams... Maybe not. In past experience, I've found that people tend to get creeped out when I just sit there silently, staring at them while they eat, since I never have anything to contribute to their conversation.

There was debate team. AV. The stoners. Hipsters. Goths. Preps. Even in the smaller groups of friends I couldn't find a place to sit.

Why could there never be a high school click for antisocial weirdos? It just didn't seem fair. Although, if you did put a heap of socially awkward people together it might be hard for them to be friends; considering their antisocialism and all.

Why did there have to be cliches in general. I just made a great speech about people not needing to conform to their stereotypes. It just seems like high school forces us to where we're expected to belong. In my case, that's no where as I don't really fit into the great puzzle of school clicks.

As I finally just gave up on finding a seat for lunch, I hid in the girls bathrooms. It might sound like it was a little unhygienic, but I just sat in a shall, the toilet seat down of course, as I balanced the cafeteria tray of food on my knees.

I ate there again the next day. And the next. A week into high school and I hadn't talked to anyone. Just brilliant.

So, that's the first post for the story (yay...). I just thought I'd make the first chapter a quick introduction to Josephine; the main character. I know it didn't really say her name but you know it's Jo.
I plan on making the chapters short. Each chapter isn't one episode each, they're just shorts. It's gonna be a shortish story, time will go by quick. It'll be set over a period of three to four years I think.... Idk.
So, thank you for reading, I hope you liked it, vote, comment, share, if you want to. Thanks!