I don't bother tucking in my shirt as I walk into the kitchen again to find no one in there, so I go into the lounge and see my sister and parents already sitting there waiting for me. My parents are sitting on the couch and aren't moving. When they notice that I am in the room do the start to talk.

"Sit down Bastien. We need to have a quick talk with you and your sister before we go to The Choosing." Say my father. I go an sit down in the arm chair since my sister and parents are sitting the in three-seater.

"You both must know that if you get chosen, we most likely wont be seeing you two again. So just remember all of the knife training and the hand to hand combat that we trained you. When you go down to the ground, you will most certainly be needing those skills." says my mother while looking back and forth between my sister and I.

"Bastien, if you and Amelia both get picked. We are counting on you to look after her. As much as you possibly can." my father says to me. "You will both have to look after each other. Join a clan if you wish, but try to help each other doing the initiation. If one of you doesn't make it in, you both don't. Stick together at all times." he says to both my sister and I.

"We love you two a lot. And," my mother tries to choke back the tears but it doesn't work. "we may never see you two again." and she starts crying on my father shoulder.

"It's time to go." I hear my father whisper to my mother and she wipes away her tears and takes a deep breath.

"Okay." She whispers. "Lets go."

I stand and wait for everyone to leave and I take one last look around the house and I shut the door for what could be the last time. I walk a bit faster than normal and walk next to my sister but behind my parents. Amelia slips her hand into mine and I give her a reassuring squeeze. When we make it to the hall, we say one last goodbye to our parents before heading over to the section where all of the 15-19 year old's are seated.

On the stage there is a microphone and three empty seats. One for the Commander, One for the General and One for the Announcer. The Commander or the General don't say out the names of everyone who will be getting sent to Earth. They think that it would be disrespectful if they did it when everyone already knows that its the Commander who sends them down. The Commanders Assistant stand up on the stage.

"All stand for the Commander." He says in a loud voice and all chatter instantly stops and everyone stands.

The only sound in the Hall is the sound of three sets of footsteps. One belonging to the Commander, one from the General and one from the Announcer. When they reach the stage, the General and the Announcer take a seat while the Commander stands in front of the microphone.

"Good Morning everyone. It has come to the time again where we pick the 200 15-19 year olds to get sent to Earth. It breaks my heart every time we have to do this but it must be done. By sending these young men and women to Earth, we are guaranteed more air and supplies for everyone still here. And that the young men and young women have a higher chance of survival down on Earth. Any volunteers for going down to Earth are welcome. All ages  fifteen and above are able to volunteer to go down but it is highly advised that you are fit and healthy enough to go down and survive. If your name gets called out, please exit the Hall through the side door. You may say your goodbye's to your friends and families there. I wish for everyone who gets chosen good luck and may you survive on Earth." she concludes

"May you survive on Earth." everyone else repeats. I'm not sure why everyone does it though. Maybe out of respect of those going down, or just because they have been since they started sending down the teens.

"And now for the Announcer, James Kelly, to read out the two hundred names." The Commander says before sitting in between the General and the Announcer. The Announcer stands up and walks over to the microphone. As he is doing this, a large screen raises behind the stage and up into the air. This is where they will show the names of those who will be sent down. The names have already been picked and all the Announcer has to do it read out the names on his mini screen in his hands. Luckily all of the names are in alphabetical order. Or maybe it isn't lucky because my name will be around the end of the list. If it is on the list. The Announcer takes a deep breath and says the first name on his list.

"Kaylee Abernathy." I see a girl stand up from amidst the mass of teenagers and slowly make her way towards the back door. There was also a cry from the parents area. It might have been her mother or father.

"David Abernathy." There was an even louder cry from the parents area. I'm guessing from the same person.

Pretty unlucky having two of their children getting sent down. At least they can look after each other. I decide to block out the rest of the names until I hear one of the names that I did not want to hear being called out.

"Jessica Saunders." I look up in disbelief. She was my best friend. The friend who I tell everything too. The friend who always makes me laugh. And shes being sent down. I see her shakily stand up and walk towards the back door. I can feel Amelia giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I couldn't believe that she was being sent down. I hadn't heard any of my others friends name being called out. I decided to start listening again when the names got to the "U"'s and "V"'s.

"Poppy Ugerville."

"Lance Vallance."

"Hayden Vivian."

"Amelia Waters."

Wait... what.

Did he just say Amelia Waters?

He couldn't have.

I look beside me to look at her but she was already walking down to the backdoor. She turned around at the last second and looked me straight in the eyes before she went through the door.

I didn't even notice the name that came after it.

I didn't notice everyone looking at me. Waiting for me to stand up and go to the back door.

"Bastien Waters." The Announcer repeats.

I slowly rise to my feet and I can hear a cry from the parents section. I knew it was my mother and my father was probably trying to comfort her. My feet carried me slowly towards the looming door. As soon as I go through this door, I will see my parents one last time and then get sent to Earth with my sister.

Where we are most likely going to die.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter! Sorry that its out so late and I know that it sounds quite a lot like Hunger Games and The 100. But I obviously can't come up with very many original thoughts so I just change them around a little bit :/

Anyways I hope you liked the story! Sorry that it took so long to upload. I have been really busy with school work and such since this year for me is quite important if I want to get into university and I DO!

Hopefully the next chapter will be out sooner than this one, but it might be or it might not be.

Again thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it!

-FlatMatesForLife