Chapter Eleven

"Brooke, what's wrong?"

"Okay, so I was at the store and I saw Brodie and he said hi and when I was about to leave he hugged me and then...then he kissed me." i hold my breath and wait for him to answer.

"You kissed another guy?" he says.

"No, babe, he kissed me and I yelled at him, and I wanted to tell you because I didn't want someone at the store to come up and tell you."

"Oh, so if it weren't in public, you wouldn't have told me?" Alex says.

"I would've still told you, I don't wanna hide it from you, I just wanted you to know that I didn't kiss him, he kissed me."

"Well, you shouldn't have let him get that close, Brooke!" He starts to yell.

"Alex, I-"

"How would he have kissed you unless you were close."

I try to get closer to him but he backs away.

"I've got to go," Alex says.

"Alex, where are you going?" I ask.

"I don't know. I just need to leave."

I watch him walk out the door and I break down. I didn't mean to hurt him. I didn't know Brodie would kiss me. That stupid asshole.

I call Klare and tell her everything that happened.

"Do you want me to come over?" she asks.

"Let me text Alex and see if he's coming home soon."

Alex doesn't answer my text.

"Please come over Klare."

After we hang up I cry again. She gets there within five minutes.

She brings over ice cream and movies with her. We sit on the couch watching movies and eating. I check my phone every five minutes, with no news from Alex.

Near the end of the movie I get a call.

"Hello?" I answer. It was a weird number.

"Babe," Alex slurs.

"Alex, where are you? Who's phone is this?"

"I need you to come get me."

"Come get you, where?" I feel confused as hell. Why didn't he call off his phone.

"I'm at the police station." I feel my breath stop. I remind myself to breath evenly. "I went out to a bar to cool down, I was pretty tipsy, then I saw Brodie. So I punched him."

I put my hand over the receiver. "Klare, I have to go. Um, and it's not gonna be very pretty when we get back. You might not want to be here."

I go back to mine phone. "I'll be there soon."

I hang up before he can say anything.

I walk into our room to get my purse. Then I take a minute to breath and think, while Klare is leaving.

"Call me tomorrow," she says.

"I will."

I pull out my suitcase and open my drawers.