Chapter Three

A/n so I've been trying to write on the computer. It makes the chapters longer. When I write on my phone I just don't get as much done, and there's more spelling errors. (Sorry Lol) but if I do happen to write on my phone, I'm sorry if the chapters are short! I'll try to make them long. I'm also really trying to update often. I need feedback though, so please don't hesitate. I'd like to say thank you for the votes I've already gotten! It really means a lot. I love you guys!!!
*****
Work is slow. I've only seen six patients. I only have a few more hours to go, but I'm growing impatient.

Klare said she'll meet me at my house instead of at a store. I keep looking at the clock. I swear it hasn't moved in the last ten minutes. I start to feel a little weird so I walk to the bathroom.

As I'm washing my hands, that weird feeling comes back full force and I rush back to the stall. I start puking. I decide it might be time for me to go home. There is no use getting the patients sick just because I'm sick.

I rinse my mouth out and walk back to the nurses station.

"Hey, Patty," I say to my boss.

"Yes, Brooke?"

"I'm not feeling all that great. I was wondering if I could take the rest of the day off."

"You do look a little pale," she says. "Today is a slow day, you can go home, dear."

"Thank you, Patty," I say.

"Keep me posted on what's going on." Patty says.

"I will. I promise."

I go get my stuff from my locker and walk outside. As I'm walking to my car, I feel my stomach twist up again. I lean over the first garbage can I see and puke again.

I feel like shit. I start to drive home, but I see a drug store. I need something from there. Medicine or....crap.

*****

I hear the phone ringing and I wait for an answer.

"Hello?" I hear.

"Klare, you need to get over to my house as soon as you can."

"What's going on, Brooke?" I hear the worry in her voice.

"Just please get over here."

I begin pacing as she hangs up. I pace around the entire house. I finally hear the door open.

"Brooke?" Klare calls.

"I'm in the bathroom," I say.

She walks in and I watch her sit down.

"What's going on?" she says. I see how much she's worrying about me.

I look at my watch and grab the stick from the back of the toilet. Like, ten more seconds.

I grab Klare's hand before I look down. She is looking at the stick with shock. I fianlly look down.

[ + ]

Oh my God. I start crying and Klare looks at the results. "Oh my gosh, Brooke. Why didn't you tell me you might be pregnant?"

"Because I just didn't know until today," I said. There were tears rolling down my face.

"Why are you crying, hunny?"

"This-This is all I've ever wanted."

"Oh so happy tears?"

"Yes and no."

"No?" she asks me.

"I'm gonna be fat at my wedding." I cry a little harder as Klare hugs me.

"I have a really good idea for Alex's present," Klare says.