Chapter Six

Morning. Sickness. Sucks.
I have felt awful for over a week now. And its not just on the morning. Its all fucking day.
And I'm always bored. I haven't had that many hours this week and Klare and Alex both work a lot, so I'm stuck at home.
I think its time to go do something. I grab my purse and my keys and walk out the door.
I wonder what movies are playing today... I drive to the theater and check. All of them look dumb except one about the end of the world. I pay for the ticket and get some popcorn.
Watching a movie alone may sound really lame, but that's what I wanna do.
*****
Alex's pov

I feel bad for Brooke. She feels so sick all the time and nothing helps. Maybe after work I will take her somewhere nice, but naturally work is taking forever. Being a banker can sometimes get extremely boring.

"Hey Alex." I hear from behind me.

"Oh, hey Angie." I say to my coworker.

"Do you and Brooke want to go out for drinks with me and Jake tonight?"

This might be exactly what Brooke needs. But she can't drink.

"I'll ask her. But Brooke can't drink."

"Why? Does she have a bun in the oven or something?" Angie says, in that snotty voice of hers. This is one of the only reasons I dread work.

"Yes, actually, she does."

I see Angie's face drop. "Oh, I didn't mean to sound rude about that."

"It's fine. I'll talk to Brooke when I get home." With that Angie leaves and I turn back to the computer. Numbers, numbers, numbers. But it makes money, and now with our baby on the way, we are going to need money.

I can't wait to take Brooke out tonight. I don't think anybody realizes how excited I am for this baby, but here's my dilemma, do I want a little girl, to spoil her, or do I want a little boy, to teach football and how to fish. I'll be happy either way, but I'm leaning towards wanting a little girl.

I know Brooke wants a girl. She hasn't said it, but I can see it when she talks about the baby.

I just can't wait. Daddy's little girl. Watching her in dance recitals. Someone to spoil. Hate every guy she brings home. I want that so badly.

The day is almost over. I get my phone out and text Brooke.

To: Babygirl

Hey babe, Angie wants us to go out with her and Jake tonight. Would you like to?

I put my phone back in my pocket and start to get ready to leave. I grab my jacket and my car keys.

I check my phone before heading to my truck.

From: Babygirl

I would love to. Just give me some time to get ready. Love you, baby. See you when you get home <3

I swear, she's too good for me.

*****

Brooke's POV

I text Alex back and put my phone down. Time to find some energy to get up and actually get dressed. I decide to go semi-fancy. A cute little dress with some leggings underneath. And naturally flats. There is no way in hell I'm wearing heels anytime soon. Which means I'll be wearing flats at the wedding.

I feel my belly before I leave my room. I'm not even showing yet. 6 weeks. And I had no idea for 5 of them. This baby and Alex are the best two things that have ever happened to me. I love both of them so much.