Chapter Four

I feel extremely nervous about the baby news. Alex won't know until tomorrow. I went to the doctor yesterday, of course after I told Patty the news, and got an ultrasound.

That's a part of Klare's awesome present idea.

After my ultrasound, I went shopping for stuff I know Alex will love. I bought him a new fishing pole and a few other fishing type things. Then I bought two little onsies. A pink one and a blue one. There were a few other things, too. I was so excited for his birthday tomorrow.

For dinner that night I'll ask Alex what he wants. I know a couple foods I need to stay away from, so I should be fine.

"Hey, babe?" I say from the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"What do you want to eat tonight?" I ask him.

"Do we have any bacon?" he says.

"Yes, we do."

"Can we have BLTs?"

A BLT sounds really good right now. I check the fridge to make sure we have everything.

"Alex," I say again. This time he walks into the kitchen.

"Yes, dear?"

"Can you run the the store real quick and get some tomatoes?" I ask him.

"Of course." He kisses me quickly before heading out the door.

When he's gone, I start making the burger part and frying the bacon, but naturally that all comes to an end when the bacon smell makes me sick.

I run to the bathroom. After I'm done I brush my teeth. I opt the BLT for a nice apple and some crackers.

When Alex gets home he hands me the tomatoes.

"Thanks, baby."

"Are you not eating one?" he asks, looking at my apple.

"No, I just don't feel well."

He hugs me and kisses the top of my head. I hand him his plate and he sits down at the table. I sit next to him and continue on my apple. After dinner I do the dishes while Alex works on paper work from his job.

"Hey, Alex."

"Yes, love?"

"I'm gonna head to bed. I just really don't feel all that good."

"Okay, baby," he says. He gives me a kiss and I walk to our room. I grab some comfy clothes and put them on.

I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Before bed, I text Klare and tell her the plan is still on. I'm waking up an hour before Alex to do the little surprise and then I'm going to hop back in bed before he wakes up. But for now, I'm tired.

I slip under the covers and fall asleep.