Unexpected

This is kind of sad in the beginning and very much based on my own experiences. Only for me it turned out differently.
All mistakes are mine and mine alone.
--------------HANGRID------------------

Ingrid was sitting on her couch, staring straight ahead, seeing nothing.
Suddenly, a hand landed on her shoulder, looking up she saw her mother standing behind her.

"Come babygirl, it's time."

Ingrid nodded and stood up, straightening her black dress.

"Let's go then."

They met Naomi and her husband, and Maggie with her parents at the center. Grace and Chester were there aswell and Mamrie, all dressed in black.

A man in a black suit, approached them,"Family of Hannah Hart?"

They all nodded, none of them spoke, there was nothing to say.

"Follow me please."

Ingrid wondered about colour when she was following the man, leaning on her mother on one side and Mamrie on the other, Hannah didn't like the colour black, why were they all dressed that way.

Just as she wanted to voice that thought, the man in black turned around.

"To give the family, friends and loved ones the chance to say a final goodbye, we have left the coffin open. It will be closed when the funeral begins."

The man spoke very softly and slow as if he didn't want to disturb anyone, Ingrid thought that it was stupid, since they were the only ones there, but she didn't say anything. The man lowered his head and stepped aside, allowing them to enter the room.

There she was, laying down, her hands together in front of her, her eyes closed.
If you didn't look at the greyness of her skin and the slight disformation of her face, well concealed with make-up but still noticeable, you could almost believe she was sleeping. Almost.

But she wasn't, Hannah Hart was dead, carcrash. This body in this coffin wearing Hannah's favorite golfdad shirt, black blazer and black pants, that wasn't her Hannah.

Her Hannah was gone, forever gone. And there was nothing anyone could have done, at least that's what the police said. An accident, tragic.

Ingrid couldn't breath, couldn't move, couldn't do anything but replay that moment she opened her door thinking it was her girlfriend, only to find two policemen looking slightly uncomfortable, asking if they could come in.

Ingrid thought she was going to pass out, hyperventilating and crying, wishing she could be anywhere but here. She closed her eyes and wished for the pain to stop.

Ingrid woke up to someone shaking her.
She was still crying, still seeing Hannah's corps in front of her, until she actually opened her eyes to see the most beautiful blue ones staring back at her, worry evident in them.

"Ingrid, are you alright? You were crying in your sleep."

Hannah was wearing nothing, as usual, her hair sticking up from sleep. She wiped away the tears of the brunettes cheeks.

Ingrid wrapped her arms around the blonde, holding on tight, breathing in her comforting smell, feeling her warmth, hearing her heartbeat.
Ingrid didn't believe in god, but she thanked him anyway, because that was by far the worst nightmare she had ever had.

Hannah was still very concerned and she slowly lowered herself to the bed, Ingrid still clinging to her frame.

They lie on the bed for a while just listening to eachothers breathing. Ingrid found herself calming down, listening to her girlfriend's heart.

"You died."

Hannah's arms tighten around her for a moment.

"You mean in your nightmare?"

"Yes, you died. And you left me and then I saw your body and I couldn't..."

Ingrid had to stop. She was crying again, remembering the horror she felt.

Hannah lifted her girlfriend's face,"Hey, I'm here. Okay? I'm here. With you."

Ingrid calmed down again, and presses a kiss to the blonde's lips.

"I love you. Can we just stay like this for a moment?"

Hannah's eyes soften.

"I love you too, and of course we can."

They didn't fall back asleep but that's ok. Now they had an excuse to stay in bed late and do absolutely nothing for the intire day. More than enough time to do some fun things together.

Best nightmare remedy ever.