Chapter Twenty

/////Sam's POV\\\\\

"What are you doing?" I asked, staring at Sokka. Aang and Katara had left a little while ago to find a printer for all the 'Missing Bison' posters. 

"I'm making posters to find Appa," he answered, looking at me with a 'duh' look. 

"That's..." Normally, I would burst out laughing, but I could only raise my eyebrows. 

"We found a printer for our-" Katara cut herself off, staring at me. He and Aang had just burst through the door. "What's wrong?" 

I just shook my head, and tried to smile. 

"Anyway..." Aang trailed, looking at me warily. "We got our posters printed out!" He held out the picture of Appa I had drawn last night, with a bunch of writing that I couldn't read. 

"Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa poster was my job," Sokka complained, and held out his flier. "I've been working all day on my Appa." 

Katara had to cover her mouth, and I just sighed, and laid down with my feet propped against the wall. 

"Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head," Aang stated, tilting his head. 

"This is his head," Sokka defended, pointing. 

"Why are there feet coming out of it?" Katara asked, walking over, and taking the paper. 

"Those are his horns!" Sokka exclaimed, snatching the paper back. "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?" He looked down, defeated, and I was finally able to chuckle. 

"It looks just like him to me," Toph chimed in, laying down and smiling to herself. 

"Thank you," Sokka said, "I worked really-" 

I buried my face in a nearby pillow, smiling softly. Sokka just glared at Toph. "Why do you feel the need to do that?" he asked the blind girl, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Let's just stick with Sam's version," Katara suggested, and her brother tore his picture to tiny pieces. 

"Hey, wait," I called, throwing the pillow away, and looking at one of the papers he had been using. "Sokka, are these haikus?" 

"Yeah," he said, snatching the paper back. "What about them?" 

"They're... good," I replied, trying to take it back. "And I can read them." 

"What do you mean?" Katara asked, peering over her brother's shoulder. 

I held my hand out, and he hesitantly placed the parchment back in my hand. "I mean, I can read them. He wrote them in english - good english." 

He sighed, lowering his head. "You're mean," he huffed. "I'm smart!" 

"But these are extremely good, considering I haven't been teaching you long," I clarified. "Only a couple spelling mistakes, but only on words like 'tough', and 'enough.' Which is to be expected. I'm going to have to start hounding Aang." I grinned at the young monk, who blushed, and looked away. 

"Well, come on!" Aang exclaimed, pulling all the posters out of his bag, and changing the subject. "Let's get busy!" 

I rolled my eyes slightly, and gave Sokka his poetry back, before we set off, handing fliers to everyone we saw, and gluing some to several walls. Once I was done with my batch, I made my way back to the house, where Toph, Katara, Sokka and Aang were already waiting for me. 

"Any news?" Aang asked as I stepped in. He bounded over to me, with a hopeful look on his face. 

"Apparently, one of the old ladies down the street has a wolf-cat that ran away," I huffed, sitting down next to Katara, who was playing some card game with Sokka. "What the heck is a wolf-cat?" 

"Pointy ears, sharp teeth," Sokka shrugged. "Pretty tame, despite their name." 

I groaned, and put my head in my hands. "Crazy world," I muttered. 

"It's only been a day," Katara told Aang, who's face had fallen. "You just have to be patient." 

As soon as Aang sat down, there was a knock on the door, and he leapt up, grinning. "Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off!" He danced over to the door, and flung it open to see Joo Dee.