An Open Letter

February 13, 20something
9:41 pm

Dearest Andrew,

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I sent you a text message because I don't know, I just want to greet you a little early though I know I will never get a reply.

You know what? I don't hate you for ignoring me. I hate myself, because no matter how much you're hurting me every single day of my life, I still find myself loving you.

I hate myself for hoping and dreaming that you and I will soon reconcile. I know we're not okay. You may smile at me, You may reply to me on messenger, but I think you did those out of pity only.

Andrew, You have no idea how difficult it is to erase you from my memory, to erase you from my heart. Because you're worth remembering, And I know I ain't that's why you didn't even have to move on from me, right?

I'm just a typical girl, not the pretty one, not the hottie type, not intelligent, annoying, clingy and mostly not good enough for you. I will never be good enough for you, I'm sorry, I tried to fit in your life, but I failed.

Who knows maybe this year, I'll finally forget my love for you. I'll finally be numb with all these pain and feelings. I'll finally wake up to the reality that you are never coming back in my life, not today, not tomorrow and not in the near future.

I just want to thank you endlessly for the love you've shown me, our love story may have been short but it was meaningful. And I'm sorry for bothering you still, I'm sorry for screwing your day whenever I try to communicate with you.
I'm sorry.

Be happy Drew. If not for me, for the ones you love, for your girl maybe and for your family.
Continue reaching for your dreams. I will always be right behind you, cheering for you silently.
I will pray for you unceasingly.
If it is God's will, You'll be a priest someday.
"Fr. Andrew Dela Cruz."

Love,
Andy